1. the Messiah, the Son of God. Actually the word "Christ" is a title, it comes from the ancient Greek word "Christos" which means "Savior", "Redeemer" or "Messiah". At first He was referred to as "Jesus the Christ", later simply "Jesus Christ".
2. an excuse for politicians and corrupt self-appointed preachers to tug on people's faith, ignorance and heartstrings to get their votes, loyalty and money.
3. an exclamation used as an expletive when one is surprized, startled, or explosively angered. Harsher than "Holy shit!". Sometimes people place an "H" or a "fucking" between the 2 words in His name.
1. Jesus Christ is an important figure in various religions including Judaism, Islam, Bahaism, Sikhism, and of course Christianity.
2. Summer 2000:
Selected TV reporter: Mr. George W. Bush, who is your favorite philosopher?
George W. Bush: Uhhhhhh, Jesus Christ!
TV viewer #1: oooh, he's an true Christian man! He gets my vote!
TV viewer #2: Oh brother! He says this now after smearing John McCain
by saying his Vietnam War
ex-POW status made him too shell shock
ed and crazy to be President. Then he told more lies about McCain to get the GOP ticket.
Did Dubya say
"Jesus Christ" as an answer or an expletive? Does anybody have an idea?
3. TV evangelists and megachurch
swindlers are always stealing money from the sick and the old. Politicians love to start wars. All thses things and more are often in the name of Jesus Christ Almighty.
4. In my 11th grade English class, Kevin, a prankster who is dumber than a brick (like Dubya) placed a frog in the teacher's briefcase on her desk. She opened it up, jumped back and yelped, "Jesus Christ!". Kevin thought he was being cute.
5. It's become hip for some militant atheists to believe that Jesus Christ never existed. For somebody who doesn't exist He has made a tremendous impact on culture and history ; )
6. Jesus Christ died to take away your sins, not your mind.
The name Bill Cosby thought was his growing up. He thought his brothers name was "God Dammit".
According to Cosby's classic stand-up routine, his father would always yell at him and his brother.
Something like: "Jesus Christ, it's raining, get in here. God Dammit, you get in here too.".
But then one day he was playing in the yard alone and his father called him: "God Dammit, quit making such a racket!" Bill just stood there looking around for his brother. "God Dammit didn't you hear me?" yelled his father to which Bill replied, "But dad, I'm Jesus Christ!"
Jesus Christ, the Simpsons
are killing us in the ratings! God Dammit we're being forced into cancellation because of a stupid cartoon!
The “Prince of Peace” in whose name countless have been slaughtered.
Jesus Christ: the poem.
The light of the world.
The big cheese up in the sky.
Who was nailed to a cross, so we wouldn’t die.
Died on the cross for my sins so that I may be forgiven and gain the free gift of eternal life.
Billy: Mike, you *bleepin'* *bleep*, haven't seen you in 10 *bleepin'* years! How you been?
Mike: Well Billy, I'm actually a Christian now... and a pastor at that!
Billy: Well I'll be damned!
Mike: You don't have to Billy, Jesus Christ can save you!
Jesus, a mistranslation of the hebrew name Yeshua and Christ, translated from the Greek word Cristos, a translation of the Hebrew Meshiach, or as we say in English "Messiah".
Jesus Christ is the annointed one, the Messiah, Cristos.
Son of God - was with God in spirit before he was born in human form a couple thousand years ago. He lived a totally human life, being subject to everything all the rest of us have to deal with (including stinky poo, hang-nails and folks that don't like us) but didn't do anything wrong.
After 30 years of living, he began traveling around letting folks know that to please GOD, you don't have to be uptight about trivial stuff. Just treat others as you'd want to be treated, love those that don't love you back.
He then was beat up and sentenced to death. Although he had the power to escape the situation, he knew that it was supposed to happen so that through his perfect life, he would be a sacrifice to those who would trust and follow him. He did die, but then came back to life and conquered death ('cause we can't) for us. This gives us who have done wrong the ability to have a relationship with GOD (which is why we were originally created).
Having a relationship with Jesus is not religion
, and being religious does not mean you have a relationship with Jesus. It's the relationship with Jesus that saves us - not from bad stuff happening here, but for eternity.
I trust in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of my sin to save me from eternal death into eternal life with GOD.
The Son of the living God.
When Jesus asked his disciples who people say he is,
Mathew 16:16 - Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the Living God." (This was a God inspired response from Peter, and therefore God's own definition of Jesus and is confirmed by Jesus' response, "Good for you, Simon, son of John!...For this truth did not come to you from any human being (or Urban Dictionary), but it was given to you directly by my Father in heaven."
Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God.
1)The second most important figure (next to God
) in Christianity
. In the Bible, the Old Testement
takes place before he is born, and the New Testement
takes place after.
2)An exclamation of anger. According to Christianity, you aren't supposed to say the Lord's name is vain, so it's considered by some to be a swear word.
1)When we went to Church on Sunday, the priest told us about the life of Jesus Christ.
2)"Jesus Christ, how stupid can you be?!" yelled the teacher at the student who couldn't read.