2. an excuse for politicians and corrupt self-appointed preachers to tug on people's faith, ignorance and heartstrings to get their votes, loyalty and money.
3. an exclamation used as an expletive when one is surprized, startled, or explosively angered. Harsher than "Holy shit!". Sometimes people place an "H" or a "fucking" between the 2 words in His name.
2. Summer 2000:
Selected TV reporter: Mr. George W. Bush, who is your favorite philosopher?
George W. Bush: Uhhhhhh, Jesus Christ!
TV viewer #1: oooh, he's an true Christian man! He gets my vote!
TV viewer #2: Oh brother! He says this now after smearing John McCain by saying his Vietnam War ex-POW status made him too shell shocked and crazy to be President. Then he told more lies about McCain to get the GOP ticket.
Did Dubya say
"Jesus Christ" as an answer or an expletive? Does anybody have an idea?
3. TV evangelists and megachurch swindlers are always stealing money from the sick and the old. Politicians love to start wars. All thses things and more are often in the name of Jesus Christ Almighty.
4. In my 11th grade English class, Kevin, a prankster who is dumber than a brick (like Dubya) placed a frog in the teacher's briefcase on her desk. She opened it up, jumped back and yelped, "Jesus Christ!". Kevin thought he was being cute.
5. It's become hip for some militant atheists to believe that Jesus Christ never existed. For somebody who doesn't exist He has made a tremendous impact on culture and history ; )
6. Jesus Christ died to take away your sins, not your mind.
"Think not that I came to send peace on the earth. I came not to send peace, but a sword..."
According to Cosby's classic stand-up routine, his father would always yell at him and his brother.
Something like: "Jesus Christ, it's raining, get in here. God Dammit, you get in here too.".
But then one day he was playing in the yard alone and his father called him: "God Dammit, quit making such a racket!" Bill just stood there looking around for his brother. "God Dammit didn't you hear me?" yelled his father to which Bill replied, "But dad, I'm Jesus Christ!"
Mike: Well Billy, I'm actually a Christian now... and a pastor at that!
Billy: Well I'll be damned!
Mike: You don't have to Billy, Jesus Christ can save you!
After 30 years of living, he began traveling around letting folks know that to please GOD, you don't have to be uptight about trivial stuff. Just treat others as you'd want to be treated, love those that don't love you back.
He then was beat up and sentenced to death. Although he had the power to escape the situation, he knew that it was supposed to happen so that through his perfect life, he would be a sacrifice to those who would trust and follow him. He did die, but then came back to life and conquered death ('cause we can't) for us. This gives us who have done wrong the ability to have a relationship with GOD (which is why we were originally created).
Having a relationship with Jesus is not religion, and being religious does not mean you have a relationship with Jesus. It's the relationship with Jesus that saves us - not from bad stuff happening here, but for eternity.
When Jesus asked his disciples who people say he is,
Mathew 16:16 - Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the Living God." (This was a God inspired response from Peter, and therefore God's own definition of Jesus and is confirmed by Jesus' response, "Good for you, Simon, son of John!...For this truth did not come to you from any human being (or Urban Dictionary), but it was given to you directly by my Father in heaven."
2)An exclamation of anger. According to Christianity, you aren't supposed to say the Lord's name is vain, so it's considered by some to be a swear word.
2)"Jesus Christ, how stupid can you be?!" yelled the teacher at the student who couldn't read.