1. An overrated race of Asia, in which now in modern days have anime which creates wannabes.
2.The most highly looked at race in Asia, by the outsiders. Which causes people to neglect other Asian countries such as Korea and China.
3. Have a lot of shared characteristics within their culture with Koreans and Chinese people.
4. These traditions are put into their anime, and the world automatically thinks that anything that seems modern, fancy, or cool is Japanese.
5. Have proved to the world that a country, which AT ONE POINT ate dogs (Some provinces of China, and some Korean cities... honestly.... these people were starving.... give these guys a break man) are WORSE than countries that at one point killed people in great numbers and raped the women of a country. (Look it up)
6. Anything that is made in Japan, and is believed by many to be reliable, advanced, and up to date.
7. A pretty good looking country which many wannabes wish to live at. Buildings are pretty much the same as Korean buildings. Temples at Japan are strikingly similar to Chinese and Korean temples. BUT more people know Japan for having those buildings.
8. Known for blaming their ancestors, and having wannabes blame their ancestors too.
9. Experienced the first atomic bomb directly. They say that there are other ways ending the war, with less casualties. (This is possible if you don't consider the Korean people and Chinese people which they would be constantly killing.)
(I'm half Korean half Chinese. When i say me i refer to these 2 races)
4. Guy: what kind of food do you Chinese people eat? (notice... s/he doesn't even care much about race... it's either you're Japanese, or someone else. All other Asians are just "Chinese"
Me: (I eat ramen, started in China. Look it up.) Ramen
Random Person: Isn't that Japanese?
Me: Ramen was started in China a while ago believe it or not, the way ramen is pronounced is very similar to its original Chinese form, la mian, so I myself call the dish Chinese.
Random Person: The Japanese people probably modernized it and made it better. They should be called different foods.
Me: The style in which it is made hasn't changed at all.
Random Person: (They still won't accept my answer) Come on man just tell me a food that you eat that is ORIGINALLY Chinese.
Me: (saying my food isn't Chinese is insulting enough, so i walk away now)
5. Girl: I hate you stupid (gooks/chinks) how could you guys eat dogs... why can't you guys be a more civilized race like the Japanese?? (Blah blah blah)
Me: *sigh*We don't do that anymore. Notice how this girl just randomly believes that we still eat dogs, yet she doesn't think that Japanese people still slaughter Chinese or Korean people.
Girl: I don't care, I can't believe your people even did that once at one time.
I myself have actually been in all the conversations which are shown above.
apparently this has become a place to diss the japanese which, speaking as an english-japanese, is quite funny actually as obviously some of you are incredibly ignorant and have probably never been to japan
in your life. It is an awesome country which has an amazing unique culture like every other country in the world...and yes, that includes China and Korea. It has very beautiful temples, yummy food, quirky gadgets that make you re-think the japaneses' sanity and some very cool people...some japanese people are reserved, but sometimes, once you get them to open their shell they can be as fun and crazy as yourself. However most are not overly affectionate and seem to think it’s necessary to say ‘please’ and thank you’ as many times as possible. Some adore manga and anime, drinking sake, karaoke bars etc. The Japanese are proud of their country, but haven’t they a right to be? I think many work way too hard, but I guess it hasn't really harmed them as they have made Japan one wicked place to go and visit. In all, it’s difficult to quite sum up a Japanese person without mentioning their culture...it seems to go hand in hand.
japanese ads are the worst ever, but bless them, they do try!
japanese today have (not all but the majority)
3.good horror films/storyline
japanese in the past did do some horrible things but you cant use that against the japanese generation today. their ancestors are gone. there are bad people and good people in every country....japan, china, korea, america, canada, anywhere..you name it. not all japanese are bad people.
american use japanese horror films/storylines such as "the grudge" and "the ring".
Something that is from Japan, i.e. people, products, language, whatever.
Abroad from Japan, Japanese people can be easily distinguished by the camera they ALWAYS wear around the neck. They appear mostly in clusters taking pictures of some old unimportant buildings some travellers' guide told them about.
Japanese products are also easily distinguishable, as they are ALWAYS technologically superior to the equivalent product in your own country. Especially Japanese toilets are the shit
The Japanese language is kewl as well and comes with sub-titles most of the time. They pretend not to have the letter 'L', but actually speak the letter 'R' like an 'L', so that in the end they suck at pronouncing the letter 'R'.
Non-Japanese dude: Meet my dog! He's great, but it's annoying when he barks and chases cats.
Japanese dude: I programmed my rittre dog to ignore non-human creatures and not to bark at arr.
Non-Japanese dude: O_o
Non-Japanese dude: WTF?! Why isn't here any toilet-paper?
Japanese dude: You don't need toiret-paper, the toiret creans your ass automaticarry.
Non-Jap: Hey, wanna play with me some games on my brand-new PS2?
Japanese: My PS946 > your PS2
Non-Jap: Ahh, fuck off!
A world-wide organization of tourists sponsorized by camera manufacturers and airlines.
Apparently, it has recently be shown that this organization in fact HAS a country, called Japan.
*clic*, *clic* "Sugoooiii", *clic*, *clic*...
A japanese with his/her camera, probably visitting something
The Japanese people (nihonjin, nipponjin) are the dominant ethnic group of Japan Worldwide, approximately 130 million people are of Japanese descent; of these, approximately 127 million are residents of Japan. People of Japanese ancestry who live in other countries are referred to as nikkeijin. The term "Japanese people" may also be used in some contexts to refer to a locus of ethnic groups including the Yamato people, Ainu people, and Ryukyuans.
A lot of Japanese people live in Japan.
People or objects that originates from Japan.
...and if that definition gets a thumb down, it’s probably because you are racist against them; usually for no reason other than your unwillingness to accept their economical success (or envy in some cases), hatred from what they have done in the past when you yourself are ignorant about what many other countries have done to Japan and other countries (I am not saying what Japan did in the past isn't wrong, but seriously, don’t base your opinions on tales of some drunk before actually checking its reliability from a good source), and trying to look cool by trashing the Japanese produced entertainment (such as animes or Video Games) without ever experiencing them or knowing that there are more to Japan’s culture than what you see in stores and TVs (Venturing into the outside world or researching helps), that is called being shallow.
That person is Japanese.
A race discriminated by morons who know nothing of it's great history and advances in technology, and are often stereotyped by bad things they have done in the past and things they currently do now, like hentai and... Other things.
The Japanese are also much better than the fatass Americans who tend to eat McDonalds and laugh at the asians for having tiny eyes.
Well maybe you fatasses have fricken huge eyes? Think on that for a while.
They are well known for mass production of anime and manga, both of which are awesome, but read by wannabe fatasses from America and Spanish who feel the need to translate our awesome books into their gay languages instead of making their own shit to read. Idiots.
Japanese Kid: Hi there.
White Kid: I hate you because you're asian, you faggot.
Japanese Kid: Okay. See you when you get out of fast food rehab.