1. Noun; A citizen of India living abroad
2. Noun; A hopeful, naive, wide-eyed medical or engineering student or professional from India that became a U.S. citizen or is in the process of becoming a citizen by way of abusing their student or work (H1B) visa privledges.
Tend to think they are superior intellectual beings (and project this onto random passers-by) while secretly harboring deep feelings of inferiority because they only live in their heads and are one-dimensional. Are used to competing intellectually in India because it's overcrowded and carry this mentality with them when to U.S. educational institutions or the workplace.
Funnel themselves into medical or engineering professions. Indians that migrate to the U.S. from India tend to be at the top of their class in India so this is all americans see. Typically work at large corporations so they can get H1B Visa sponsorship while "the man" sticks it to them financially by low-balling their salary and/or benefits. This is a win-win situation because "the man" has the Indian employee by the balls and can underpay him as a result and the H1B Indian wins because he landed a job in a high-tech industry. Hence, he can now call home and brag and this drastically increases his chances of securing and marrying an Indian woman who will be shipped to him because he has now "made it" but he doesn't realize that he was being (and is still being) manipulated and abused by "the man".
Man, at work I saw this Indian walking down the hall with his head bent forward slightly so that he could absorb and process more information from the environment with his intellectually superior brain.
A person of country India
1. Someone from the country of India. Although from an immensly crowded native country, when given opportunities, blow people's minds.
2. Wealthiest minority in the USA
3. One who dominates in medical sciences, as well as in engineering fields
4. Someone who calls his country SECULAR, although over 90% are hindu
5. People who dominate the cricket fields
The father hesitated when faced with the challenge of choosing between two indian physicians for his new family.
Indians are the wealthiest among all ethnic groups in America, even faring better than Caucasians.
There are 3.22 million Indians in the US (1.5% of the population)
12% of scientists in the US are Indians
38% of doctors(physicians, dentists, PhDs, etc) in America are Indian.
36% of NASA scientists are Indians.
34% of Microsoft employees are Indians.
28% of IBM employees are Indians.
17% of INTEL scientists are Indians.
13% of XEROX employees are Indians.
As of 2002 India is the largest source of international students accounting for more than 11 percent or 67,000 of the over half-million studying in various universities in the U.S. In this case, Indian students for the first time outnumbered the hitherto largest source of international students, which was China. For the period of 2002-03, Indian student remain number 1 in U.S. university enrollments, totaling 74,603, up from the previous year. This accounts for a good 13% of the 586,323 international students.
Indians make up 10% of all medical students in America.
Is your doctor Indian?
Ya, is yours?
1. A person from the country of India
2. The most intelligent and smartest people on this planet.
3. The wealthiest people in the USA.
4. Anybody named Raj.
1. John: What race are you?
Raj: I'm Indian, from India.
2. John: Raj didn't even miss one question on the test.
Tom: That's because he's indian.
3. John: Raj just bought a new mercedes and now he's got ten of 'em.
Tom: So what? so does every other Indian I know.
The word can be used for two different races of people.
1) When Columbus found America while looking for India, they started calling the natives as Indians. The term Indian (or "Red Indian")is routinely used to call the original people who inhabited the land what is today USA as well as part of Canada. However, Native American is a politically correct term to call a person of that origin. Some Native Americans consider it offensive if you call them Indian.
2) This term originally and accurately also refers to a person originating from the country (or a citizen of)India.
In America, Indian refers usually to Native American and sometimes a person from India. If you're in America and two people are talking:
One: He is an Indian
Two: You mean from India? or Native American.
In most other parts of the world:
One: He is an Indian.
Two: Oh really, I've been to India before. Its too hot out there.
People from Indian Subcontinent who represent the world most diverse group of people hailing from a country of more than 1 billion people. The 5th largest economy in the world which is growing at 8% GDP per annum and have a largest pool of talented and young professionals, engineers,doctors,enterpreneurs & IT professionals.
More than 25 million Indians represents the most successful group of immigrants in Europe, America and Asia. Most of them have a talent to create wealth.They may arrive with couple of hundred dollars in the pocket but end up making millions due to their endurance & fighting spirit to make it big in the alien country.
Needless to say they come in all shapes and sizes, with different personalities, thinking and behaviour.More than 10000 year old continuous Indian civilisation has emerged as major economic and nuclear power with major technological advances.
Dude 1: Oh! these Indians, you find them everywhere you go, my Doctor is Indian so is this taxi driver.
Dude 2: My daughter Lisa go out with an Indian he is from Srilanka.
Dude1: Is Srilanka is in India.
Dude2: Who cares mate, lets eat some curry & tandoori chicken tonight, it's taste great!!
Indians are an academically advanced people who when given the opportunity will often exceed others in any given area of expertise. They are also known for their spicy foods and curries, and inventing the idea of '0' before the Mayans. Hinduism, the main religion, is the one of the oldest surviving religions in the world and the most tolerant of other religions. Bollywood and bhangra music are entering into the American mainstream with hits such as the blockbuster movie Bend it like Beckham and the hit music track, Beware of the Boys
Dude, have u heard that one track by Jay-Z and the Punjabi MC? It's called 'Beware of the Boys', go check it out if you love indians