Imagine a country surrounded by BOTH landmasses AND water bodies, a terrain range of plateaus, mountains, valleys, beaches, cliffs, fertile plains and rapidly blossoming cityscapes. A country from where any of its 365/366 sunsets in a year are lens-worthy.with an inexpensive currency exchange rate. Imagine an ethnic diversity spread over 28 states and 7 union territories.
A country which does not just tolerate race and religion, but accounts for it. A country with the richest heritage and longest history. The most beautiful people.
A country with the most striking, imaginary, impossibly amazing art and architecture.
-POOF- Dream come true. There wasn't any need to imagine it,
India existed long before.
I am Indian, and I am not afraid/ashamed to say so. Now, why would I be, considering my country is like, the most awesomest country in the whole wide world...?
Synonym for awesome
Blue passports totally rock.
I have a blue passport
"I bet that Pakistani hater on youtube who supports Britain would get totally owned if I told him/her that if not for the British, he would be living in a way better country by now"
India is so India!!
India has the largest democracy in the world
Where every company outsources our jobs to.
"Thank you for calling HP, please hold while we transfer you to a customer service representative."
India is the world's largest, oldest, continuous civilization. Although modern images of India often show poverty and lack of development, India was the richest country on earth until the time of British invasion in the early 17th Century. Christopher Columbus was attracted by India's wealth.
Here are a few facts about this great country:
-India is the world's largest democracy.
-India invented the Number System. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
-Grammar constitutes one of India's greatest contributions to Western philology.Panini, the Sanskrit grammarian, who lived between 750 and 500 BC, was the first to compose formal grammar through his Astadhyai.
-The World's first university was established in Takshashila in 700BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
-Sanskrit is the mother of all the European languages. Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software (Report in the Forbes magazine,July 1987)
-Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans. Charaka, the father of medicine consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago. Today Ayurveda is fast regaining its rightful place in our civilization
-The art of Navigation was born in the river Sindh 6000 years ago. The very word Navigation is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH. The word navy is also derived from Sanskrit 'Nou'
-Bhaskaracharya calculated the time taken by the earth to orbit the sun hundreds of years before the astronomer Smart. Time taken by earth to orbit the sun: (5th century) 365.258756484 days.
-Varanasi, also known as Benares, was called "the ancient city" when Lord Buddha visited it in...
India is a country.
Women: What is India?
Man: Bitch, it's a country.
India is a place where i happen to be born, it is my country, and my identity. Wherever the world i go, i am an Indian. And i want to clear some stereotypes about Indiamore...
1) Tigers do not roam in Indian streets. In fact at the rate at which poaching is going on, you would be lucky to find a tiger in a forest.
2) India is not just a land of nawabs, maharajas and beggars. It also has a very strong, educated middle class, who are like the middle class in any other nation. Most of these middle class people, work in Govt offices, factories, software companies, MNC's, universities. I belong to that Great Indian middle class.
2) Not all of India is a hot country. No other nation has such diversity in climate. The southern part of India is humid and hot, the northern part of India is hot and dry. The Himalayan states of Himachal Pradesh and Uttaranchal have a cold and temperate climate. The Western states of Gujarat and Rajasthan, have a desert kind of climate.
3) Probably one of the few countries where you can find the Alps( Himalayas), the Sahara( Thar Desert), the Congo(numerous forests) and the Riveira( Goa) all in one place. A place of natural diversity and beauty.
4) India has 26 languages, 320 dialects and no two states are alike. Yet it has managed to be united still, unlike Europe where countries keep splitting, and Africa, which has become a collection of tribes rather than countries.
5) Indian men are often portrayed as sex starved frustrated beasts, rea...
yes, india is the second most populated country. Yes, it's one of the developing countries....ever wonder how it got to that place?...its because of those british asswipes who ruled over india for 100's of years, they basically destroyed its economy and was never restored. but according to facts, india is developing and rapidly and in the future it maybe ever more powerful than the united states (fact)...just because indians worship cows and respect other animals, dont mean that they are loosers. one of the deffinitions mentioned that indians drink cow urine. that was because some crazy scientist said that it cures cancer...WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD DRINK PEE!!!PPL WERE MISSLEAD...and also about those dots that we were on our foreheads, they are only worn on special occasions...PPL DISSING INDIA ARE FREAKIN JEALOUS BECAUSE INDIA IS FILLED WITH SMART PEOPLE AND ARE TAKIN AWAY ALL THE JOBS FROM AMERICA AND CANADA...WELL ITS NOT INDIAS FAULT THAT ITS A BETTER COUNTRY.
people need to get a life and stop dissing other countries, such as india
A country where you get to shit in public but do not get to kiss in public
Hey I got arrested for kissing in India.
Hey I need to shit. Go do it on the streets.
A lot of definitions seem to arise from hate filled and jealous pakistanis.
India is longest living civilisation of the world--the civilisation which gave world's first university, mathematics and medicine--
Its coming up--watch out
20 years and it will be right on top.
12% of scientists in the US are Indians
38% of doctors(physicians, dentists, PhDs, etc) in America are Indian.
36% of NASA scientists are Indians.
34% of Microsoft employees are Indians.
28% of IBM employees are Indians.
17% of INTEL scientists are Indians.
13% of XEROX employees are Indians.