1) Lacking knowledge
2) Slang: Insult used to describe another party as stupid and/or prejudiced. Often used incorrectly as the most ignorant parties in a debate tend to call others ignorant to make up for their own lack of information or prejudices.
1) Joseph is ignorant of any knowledge that might help him built a nuclear-powered engine with spare parts in his garage, so he's going to stick to what he knows and just go to an auto-repair shop.
2) Dr. Phillis's advice discouraged Shannon's promiscuous
lifestyle so she called him an ignorant homophobe
and covered her ears saying "bla bla bla I'm not listening" as he tried to explain the dangers of drug and sex abuse
to her. What a cunt
adj. lacking knowledge
half of the people on this website are ignorant and should learn to spell. especially those stupid cynical bastards who contradict themselves.
A term used by certain minorites to describe anyone who is pissing them off. Ironically, ask them what it means, and they won't have a clue. All you'll get as an answer is a clenched fist to the head (for being ignorant of course).
Student: Can I use the restroom?
Teacher: Not right now.
Student: Man, you is fuckin' ignorant!
1. Having the lack of knowledge, or background/factual information of a particular thing in general. However, the effect in which this person will be proceeding with their "unproven knowledge" imbedded in their mind as if factual information, they, in turn, will plan on using it in the future to make false and incorrect statements based on what they didn't know about the particular thing, or may have heard as a majority of votes for.
And being ignorant does not mean stupid. There's a big difference between the two words.
1. During World War Two, in an American city(in the U.S.), two ignorant policemen arrested an Asian man who is in charge of a small store because he looked like a Chinese spy when he was really Japanese and not a spy.
2. Derek walked up to Shavam, noticing that he looked like he was from India, and asks him, "Are you Indian?" Shavam replies, "Yes." Derek then asks, "Say somethin' Indian." Shavam, confused, walks off. Kaitie, who was watching the whole conversation, walks up to Derek and tells him he is ignorant because of what he said.
3. Rebecca turned on a lamp and the bulb went out, so she went to get a new lightbulb, leaving the lamp switched to "ON". Freddy, her ignorant little brother, saw the bulbless lamp, and wondered what would happen if he stuck his finger in the lightbulb socket of the lamp, not knowing that he would get shocked.
If you don't know what this means, then you are ignorant.
He was very ignorant.
Lacking knowledge or information, See ignant
Ignorant Person: I hate Spanish food, taco bell sucks.
Smart Person: Taco bell isn't spanish food, it's supposed to be Mexican food, and it's just sloppy fast food, if you want real mexican food check out a family owned resturant.
A term used by black people to describe a ghetto nigga who always blaming other people for their lack of responsibility for their actions when they are doing dumb shit.
ghetto nigga: Man you was over there fighting for bush these crackers don't give a damn about us.
black man: Maybe if you stop acting like a niggah then maybe people won't have to treat you like one. You can't blame the white man for nothing because he did'nt tell you to drop out of school like a dumbass and go out on the corner and sell dope. The white man didn't tell you to go rob and kill up one another so you can end up in jail. That is the choice that you made so you can't blame the white man for shit because half of ya'll ignorant ass niggahs don't even vote when it comes to election day and then you wonder why times is so hard because you bring it upon yourself.
People who summarize entire races and/or cultures in one or very little experiences with those types of people; people who are bigots and say rash comments about entire races and/or cultures withe very little knowledge.
ignorant people use stereotypes by saying that immigrants come to the United States by boat and illegally.