1. a highly contagious social disorder based on fear (see 2)
2. a person afraid of being accused of being a hipster
3. a person that knows the definition of hipster esp. after looking it up on urbandictionary.com
1. (of a person or place) slightly negative judgment based on real or perceived pretentiousness
"In this late capitalist stage of Americanism in which meaningful culture has virtually been destroyed, hipster is now spreading everywhere to near genocidal proportions."
Person one: "You're such an edgy hipster."
Person two: "Edgy hipster? You should keep razors away from your legs."
3. "Man, I don't feel like such a loser after reading through over 150 definitions of hipster; after all, bigger ones wrote them."
1. "This place, Frjtz, is so fucking hipster. They only plus is that the cute Mexican cashier and I are sustaining homoerotic eye contact."
Their favorite movies consist of mostly anything by Wes Anderson and any B-movies or other independent films that hasn't been poisoned by the corporate Hollywood, or so they would have you believe. Oh, and they think Bruce Campbell is the best actor in the universe.
Hipsters also like to think they are Buddhist despite the fact that they know nothing about it, and to top that off they are usually vegan. They like anything retro and vintage, especially anything to do with the 8-bit generation of video gaming when in reality all they know about video games is Pacman and Super Mario.
They like to spend their time on blogs to an invisible audience about their fashion statements and writing reviews of indie music albums and the occasional rant about how their life sucks because their local thrift store isn't open on sundays anymore. Yeah, tell that to the starving AIDS-ridden african kid dying on the other side of the world, dumbass. Perhaps you'd like to trade places?
Hipsters also like to think they are environmentally-aware and join facebook/myspace groups that supposedly help fight global warming just because they just reached 200 members (and still counting!).
In a nutshell, just a bunch of fake pompous douchebags that like to think they are unique because they like things that no one has heard of.
Normal person: Oh really? what year was he born?
Douchebag Hipster kid: I don't know... (changes conversation)
Not to be confused with scenesters. Hipsters are pretty cool besides their snobby pretension, but scenesters are vain idiots. If you're not sure if someone is one way or the other, ask them if they have a MySpace. If they excitedly give you their address and go on and on about it, it's a scenester. If they stare blankly it's a hipster.
60's Hippie: Not as unique as 'we' were
80's Me gener: What's so special about unique?