2. Upward in geographic elevation.
3. Shorter term for High School.
4. The type of Lander in which there can only be one.
5. Most importantly and commonly used as an adjective to indicate that a person is under the influence of a controlled substance. It can be applied to any drug as long as it is not commonly supplied for recreational use. For something to be a drug, it has to be a chemical with an active effect on the body without being a nutrient, vitamin or mineral. So one can get high on fumes, medications, plant chemicals like THC, Fungal toxins found in mushrooms, synthetic chemicals like LSD, fermented waste materials, and animal biochemicals like adrenogland secretions. Please note that nicotine and alcohol use are not indicated by the word "high." For alcohol, the word used is "drunk" and for nicotine, the effect is so mild, it is almost never referred to at all.
6. Most of the time, "high" is used for being under the influence of Tetrahydrocannibinol, more commonly known as Marijuana or pot. For clarity, most speakers will indicate what drug is being used by adding the word "on" followed by the drugs name.
Side note: The reason why this definition is so long, is because I am high on an amphetamine derivative prescribed by a shady doctor.
2. Snow can usually be found high in the mountains.
3. I went to Marina High. Now I have aids.
4. There can only be one Highlander.
5. Straight guys will suck you off if you get them high first.
6. Prima: "Dude, are you high? You said you were out of pot."
Secunda: "I AM out of pot, so I got high on cough syrup."
1. you laugh uncontrollably because you realize how high you are and how high everyone else is and how everything else you wouldn't give a second thought about when your sober is now compltely ridicoulous.
2. your vision gets really sensitive and your eyes may feel like they're messed up. don't worry, thats just pressure being relieve from them caused by an excess of blood flow to the cornea and conjuctiva.
3. you find yourself thinking about something deeply introspective (metacognition) and then completely forget what you were thinking about, then spend all your mental energy on trying to remember what you were thinking about, only for you to forget that you were trying to remember something you forgot about and just start to think about something completley different.
4. your sexual desire will increase, and you will talk to anything that you want to engages in sexual intercourse with, with complete disregard for what your actually saying. if you do engage in a sexual act you will find that it will be incredible and every sensation you feel will be better by an exponential margin.
5. music sounds amazing. you will hear every single instrument used, without really listening to it. certain genres of music and certain musicians will make your high feel elevated. music will put your mind into a pensive and contemplative state and you can spend hours engaged in this activity.
6. your apetite will increase and you will find that every piece of food you consume tastes ridiculously amazing. you will not realize how much food you consume until someone tells you that you ate the entire bag of cheetohs, at which point you will look for a bag of doritos or fun-yuns
7. you will aprecciate everything around you and a state of absolute euphoria will encompass your psychological activity. Stress and worry will be reduced by a large amount.
8. confusion sets in and you will find yourself baffled at very elementary problems. (Note** never do you homework or attempt to take a test under the influence of marijuana)
heres a tip: get your group of your best friends and some weed over to your back yard. turn on some pink floyd or bone thugs-n-harmony. roll a blunt, (cigar sized marijuana cigarette) pass it around, relax and enjoy the good time your spending with your friends.
After the giggles stage you get unbelievably lazy and physically cant move off the sofa, unless you have the munchies as well when you go and demolish the whole cupboard full of food. When you're high music and film can seem to have a deeper relevance and more meaning to you. You can also spend ages looking at nothing in particular and getting forgetful and confused, which is hilarious. After that inevitably come sleep usually, and you spin out when you put your head down, I also get real paranoid sometimes. SO basically thats what being high is and its fuckin great to be honest. beats getting pissed anyday.
"Tilly Toom Tong?! Who the fuck is Tilly Toom Tong?"
Being high is a very hard feeling to describe.
You get really hungry. Please, try not to eat everything. You'll regret it in the morning.
POPSYCLES ARE THE SHIT WHEN YOU'RE HIGH
try it =]
The best way to know the feeling of being high is to experience it for yourself.
So stop reading this...and go burn.
I coulda cheated, and i coulda passed, but i got high