1 irrational hatred or fear of heterosexuals 2 to make distinctions in treatment; show partiality or prejudice against traditional heterosexual standards adj.- heterophobic (-fo'bik)
1. Aversion to heterosexual people or their lifestyle or culture.
2. Is a behavior or an act based on this aversion.
3. Is a strong dislike or aversion to heterosexual people.
4. Is an irrational fear of, aversion to, antipathy towards heterosexuals.
5. Is people who endulge in bigotry or intolerance because of the heterophobia sickness.
2) Also used as a joke. A way for a homosexual/bisexual person to tease straight friends when they're making out.
2) Gay person: Eww! Hetero love!
Straight person: ...heterophobe...
Guy 2: "I know. It's like people completely forget about all the poor straight people evicted from their homes, excluded from the army, denied rights, murdered, assaulted, shunned from their family, etc. for being straight."
At the same time, it has also been used a propaganda slur by homophobes, who level the charge at any gay or lesbian who stands up for their rights. As such, it is a highly contentious term.