1. A franchise of Japanese animation television series, OVAs, and movies, along with manga, models, video games, and other connected merchandise. Gundam is the property of Bandai of Japan and it's subsidiary Sunrise Incorporated, headquarted in Kobe Japan. The origional Gundam TV series, which aired in 1979 was called Kido Senshi Gundamu (Mobile Suit Gundam) and was the brainchild of anime legend Yashuyuki Tomino. Gundam as a general term can be used to denote not only the origional series, but any work that came after it. The UC series created by Tomino himself are regarded by critics and die-hard fans as being vastly superior to any of the newer incarnations.
2. A high performance mobile suit used in a work which is part of the Gundam franchise. Gundams, like all mobile suits are large humanoid combat vehicles inititially developed for use in outer space conflict. The first Gundam was developed as part of the Earth Federation V-Project in 0079 of the Universal Century, to counter the Principality of Zeon's technological superiority. Needless to say, it was a success. Gundam can be used to refer to any of the derivatives of the Gundam in the UC universe, or any copies in alternate universes. Gundams are characterized by their signature V-Antenna, two eyes, and a somewhat blocky anthropomorphic design. They are often white, with red and white components, and are usually piloted by the heroes of the story. Note:All Gundams are mobile suits, but not all mobile suits are gundams.
1. Gundam Shows, OVAs, and Movies include:
-Mobile Suit Gundam
-Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team
-Mobile Suit Gundam 0080
-Mobile Suit Gundam 0083
-Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
-Mobile Suit Double Zeta Gundam
-Mobile Suit Gundam Char's Counterattack
-Mobile Suit Gundam F91
-Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
-Mobile Suit Gundam: G-SAVIOUR
-Mobile Fighter G Gundam
-Mobile Suit Gundam X
-Mobile Suit Gundam W (or Gundam Wing)
-Mobile Suit Gundam W: Endless Waltz
-Turn A Gundam
-Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
-Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
Mobile refered to as Gundams include:
- RX-78-2 Gundam
- RX-79G Gundam
- RX-78NT1 Gundam Alex
- RX-78GP01 Gundam Zephyranthes
- MSZ-06 Zeta Gundam
- RX-93 Nu Gundam
- and many others ranging into the hundreds in the UC and the AUs
Gundam, also known as Mobile Suit Gundam, was directed and created by Yoshiyuki Tomino and first aired in 1979. It, and other series to follow, can be considered some of the greatest anime of all time.
How much Gundam have you seen? Don't insult Gundam, undeadiot, you are a f***ing idiot who has no respect for good anime. Gundam 0wns j00.
The most accurate representation of God. A Gundam is a kick ass robot that will blow you apart before you can say "Oh (enter word here)" and is probably your father because it had your mom in many ways.
Guy: Dude I just finished my Gundam model!
Other Guy: *punches Guy and runs off with his model*
Another Guy: *punches Other Guy and runs off with the model*
Huge Mob: *jumps Another Guy and starts fighting over the model*
A type of Mobile Suit developed by the Earth Federation in Universal Century 0079.
Giant Robots used to fight wars and most of us are amused by it because there are alot of explosions, lasers and violence. They have a huge toy line and plastic models that break easy when you played with them when you were like 10. Good examples of the show are Mobile Suit Gundam,Gundam Wing, G Gundam and Gundam Seed. Originates from Japan. Usually the characters in the show have some cool names like Kai, Heero, Duo, or strange ones like Chibodee Crockett
A prototype mobile suit.
NOTE: It is not an acronym, but in the newer series, Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny, it has been turned into an acronym quite definitions for the type(s) of Gundam O(perating)S(ystem)(s):
Fanboys love Gundam Wing
1. RX-78 Gundam, the first Federation mobile suit to see combat.
2. A Federation mobile suit that has more advanced equipment than a standard GM. Is typically adorned with a V-fin on its forehead.
3. A prototype Federation mobile suit built to test various experimental technologies, including weapon systems, advanced armor composites, propulsion & thrusters , and electronics.
"What does GUNDAM stand for?"
"Nothing...it's not an acronym"
"Just be glad they didn't call it "Gunboy"..."
"Wow, what a crappy name!"