- Where America's day begins. (1 day ahead of the continental US)
- Home of Chamorros. A people built with a beautiful sun kissed tan, thick black hair, and bright brown eyes. All the while, rich in culture and tradition with a strong Roman Catholic influence, village fiesta's, and beach barbecues.
Year round summer, sandy beaches, great people, what could be better?
Word to the haters: Here's some facts before you rant about Guam.
- Obesity? Mississippi has the highest US obesity rates, Guam is not mentioned. (Hoover Institution study)
- Education? Texas has the worst education, Guam is not even on the list. (Forbes.com) In matter of fact, Father Duenas Memorial School (private school) on the island has alumni from Stanford, Harvard, Yale, West Point, and Annapolis just to name a few. (feel free to call and verify 6717342261)
- Crime? Detroit Michigan is home to US crime. (Forbes.com)
- Ungrateful? According to population, Guam residents chose the military more than almost any other American. We also allow majority of our island to be covered in bases, we thank god for our military. They freed our people. Some don't appreciate the buildup of more troops, but you can't please everyone.
If your really curious about Guam, there is no better way to understand then to come and visit. Spend a couple days with the locals, pop in a on a local bbq and form your own opinions. I promise, You'll be pleasantly surprised
B: Yea man, I'm headed there for the winter. Gonna get my bbq on and learn to surf! Come with, we'll split the airfare. :)
Where America's day begin.
Where the sun shines first then the States.
Where majority of Chamorro people dont know how to speak their language
Where local people make more babies to qualify for foodstamps
Where outsiders or mainly foreigners are taking over their islands
Where land is so rare that Chamorros rent apartments
Where Micronesians qualify for foods stamps too
Where speed limit is forbidden
Where signaling is not needed
Where the road is so screwed up you end up in the driving on the wrong lane
Where chamorros are called "CHAUD"
Where Filipinos are called "FAUBS"
Where having 10 kids is tax free
Where the population of pregnant women are increasing
Where "Baby Making Weather" (BMW) happens when it rains
Where people drive nice cars but have food stamps
Current Gov. F.C.;Former Gov. C.G.,Former Gov. R.J.B. and his wife the current Congressdelegate M.B. the representative from Guam.
Countless Senators that have been sent to Federal Prisons to serve time for taking Federal funds to buy trips and personal items for themselves and family members.
Best place to look this stuff up on a regular basis for the low down on how bad things are:
Guam is a pisshole of an island with even more polluted beaches than Southern California!
But more commonly known as "The World's Dumpster."
Brasil: Back in the Dumpster. Continue.
Guam: No, fuck you! So back in Gua-
Dusty: Look, there is a dumpster right there. Reminds you of the good times huh? Yeah, good times.
NBJ: I remember the good times I had in the cotton fields.
MassaKim: Shut up negro! Who gave you permission to talk? It's the whip for you.
Guam: Fuck you guys...
Approximately 1/3 of the island is gated and controlled by the military, another 1/3 is nothing but jungle infested with dogs, brown tree snakes, and the White Lady, thus rendering the rest of the 1/3 to squish a ton of Filipinos, other Asians, occasionally white people with the 'native' Chamorros.
'Chaud' is more or less a term that refers to a guy who acts like the hybrid of a backwater redneck and SoCal bro who believes he is 'pure Chamorro'.
The government is corrupt because people hire only family members, the school system sucks because the government sucks, and the private schools fund all their money towards building nice things instead of funding for courses that matter.
The sales tax is already incorporated into the price, so you can bring up exact change before getting to the register.
The food is bomb as hell, but not intended for mass consumption beyond the holiday seasons.
There are 2 seasons on Guam: typhoon season and rainy season.
The main source of income is Japanese tourism.
If you attend UOG, then you're basically stuck on Guam for the rest of your life.