A once kick ass punk band
They started out as "Sweet Children" Playing an infamous punk club called gillmans street
later touring the u.s. and making two albums before releasing a punk masterpiece: Dookie
This did attract a lot of younger people and the people of gillmans street labeled them sell outs
In response Green day released Insomniac
A bit like dookie except a bit harder and faster
Then after that i call the downfall
They released Nim rod: A weird experimentation of Green day's sound then they released Warning
A bit more "poppy"
Then they released the all terrible: American idiot which they are now known for
If you really apreciate green day
you would of liked their first four albums
2. 1,039/smoothed out slappy hours (combination of first album and EP's
Girl: ZOMG BILLIE JOE IS SOOOOOOOO HAWT!
Me: You have failed to recognize the true talent of green day
|Green Day images|
A day spent smoking marijuana.
Saturday was a green day.
by anonymous Sep 18, 2003 add a video
A sort-of punk rock band that was good but not extremely popular until recently, when thousands of teenyboppers found out about them on TRL, believing their newest and worst CD to date to be "teh bset". Now every fourteen year old in the country rants about how great Boulevard of Broken Dreams is and are known to exclaim things such as "OMG BILLY JOE IS HAWT!!!1" and "DONT WANNA BE AN AMERICAN IDIOT!!12". Their new CD is mediocre at best, so please listen to their other albums instead.
The typical Green Day "fan" has never heard of Nimrod or Kerplunk, but totally eats up the new pop-punk garbage.
1. A day which is mainly spent smoking the drug marijuana, in an effort to end boredom. May have originated in California in the mid-80's.
2. A popular punk rock band with members from Rodeo and Willits, California.
1. I had a green day yesterday.
2. Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool are also members of Green Day.
Quality band which poeple tend to see as sell outs because of their last album American idiot. For me they will always be remembered for Insmoniac and dookie two of the best punkish albums I have in my collection. Unfortunatly their main following now consists of teeny boppers who only discovered Green day existed when Boulevard of broken dreams came out and wouldn't know "At the library" from "Westbound sign" Still i suppose they had to find someone to fantasise over after Busted split up. DAMN YOU CHARLIE!!
girl 1: "wow have you heard that new band Green day?"
girl 2: "Yeah, billie joe is gorgeous"
me: "For gods sake! they have been around for 15 odd years!"
girl 3: "really? wow do you reckon Nirvana will ever get back together? that would be qualtiy"
me: *sound of me crying on the floor in utter despair*
1) A day to smoke weed.
2) Popular American pop-punk band with such classics as Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), Basket Case and Longview. Sometimes said to be inspiration for various later pop-punk bands.
1) It was a green day.
2) I am going to the Green Day concert next week.
1) An awesome rock band lead by singer Billie Joe Armstrong that has many hits like When I Come Around, Welcome to Paradise, Basket Case, She, Brain Stew, Time Of Your Life, Warning, Minority, and Don't Wanna Fall In Love
2) A day when you just sit around and do nothing but smoke weed
1) Man, right now I'm listening to a Green Day CD and the songs are awesome!
2) That stoner's has 1 too many green days. He's trippin, man!
A day when one who personally does not have any marijuana of there own, still manages to get high all day, via friends, or just being in the right places at the right times.
"I was out of weed, but thanks to the generosity of my friends, I had a green day."