Since they get called for it now I may as well talk about American Idiot.
Whether or not you like American Idiot please dont try to force your opinion on to others. In MY OPINION American Idiot is a good album. They did not sell out whilst making this album, they still had complete control over what they released and St Jimmy, Letterbomb and Homecoming are great songs.
Green Day may not be 1970 punk but they do have punk roots. If you disagree then fair enough, dont listen to them but dont try to bully others into thinking what you think. Green Day are the ones who got me into The Clash, Sex Pistols, The Ramones, Dead Kennedys, Bad Brains, Operation Ivy among others. I feel that they are a good intro to the world of punk.
Anyway like I keep saying if you like them great, also try the old punk bands. If you dont, fine, just dont try to bully others into thinking what you think.
Twat "Shut the fuck up, Green Day are fucking fags, there not fucking good, fuck fuck fuck"
Normal Person "Please stop, your embarresing yourself"
2. A popular punk rock band with members from Rodeo and Willits, California.
2. Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool are also members of Green Day.
girl 2: "Yeah, billie joe is gorgeous"
me: "For gods sake! they have been around for 15 odd years!"
girl 3: "really? wow do you reckon Nirvana will ever get back together? that would be qualtiy"
me: *sound of me crying on the floor in utter despair*
2) Popular American pop-punk band with such classics as Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), Basket Case and Longview. Sometimes said to be inspiration for various later pop-punk bands.
2) I am going to the Green Day concert next week.
2) A day when you just sit around and do nothing but smoke weed
2) That stoner's has 1 too many green days. He's trippin, man!