2. In the Old Testament, the Jews were called to be a nation separate from the other nations, which were all Pagan. And so, colloquially, all non-Jewish nations came to be called "goyim" as in "the nations" from which the God of the Old Testament had called upon the Jews to separate themselves.
3. A word used by some Jews to refer to Gentiles (non-Jews). The word can have derogatory connotations, such as the word "black" when used to refer to a persons of African descent. It can be neutral or negative depending on the context and the intent of the speaker.
Plural - goyim.
2. Jews don't eat pork, goyim eat pork.
1. A non-Jew (non-Jews, not Jewish).
2. Someone resembling non-Jews as Jews have typically perceived them; therefore someone who is stupid, insensitive or violent (although the word is usually used today in a light, joking way).
The distinction between Jewish and goyish can be quite subtle, however, as the following from Lenny Bruce illustrates:
“I’m Jewish. Count Basie’s Jewish. Ray Charles is Jewish. Eddie Cantor’s goyish. The B’nai Brith is goyish. The Hadassah is Jewish. Marine Corps – heavy goyish, dangerous.
Kool-Aid is goyish. All Drake’s cakes are goyish. Pumpernickel is Jewish and, as you know, white bread is very goyish. Macaroons are very Jewish. Fruit salad is Jewish. Lime Jell-O is goyish. Lime soda is very goyish. Trailer parks are so goyish that Jews won’t go near them.
Balls are goyish. Titties are Jewish. Mouths are Jewish. All Italians are Jewish. Greeks are goyish. Eugene O’Neill – Jewish. Dylan Thomas – Jewish. Steve Allen is goyish, though. It’s the hair. He combs his hair in the boys’ room with that soap all the time.
See how easy it is? Fidel Castro? Jewish, of course. Henry Kissinger – goyish. Marlon Brando – Jewish. Ringo is Jewish. Paul is goyish. George is goyish. John, of course, was Jewish.
Talk is Jewish. Silence is goyish. Thin is goyish. Fat is Jewish. Blue is Jewish. Green is goyish. Atheism is Jewish. Converting to Christianity is, of course, goyis...