Supposedly, the day that "Jesus" (Yahshua) was crucified, according to popular Christianity. Then He rose on Easter Sunday. This does not add up to 3 days and 3 nights (Matthew 12:40).
(Yahshua said) "For as Jonah was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of a great fish, so will the Son of Man be 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth."
1. Crucified on Wednesday (Passover) and placed in the tomb before sunset.
2. Wednesday night. Yahshua is in the "heart of the earth" ONE NIGHT.
3. Thursday. Yahshua is in the "heart of the earth" ONE DAY & ONE NIGHT.
4. Thursday night. Yahshua is in the "heart of the earth" ONE DAY & TWO NIGHTS.
5. Friday ("Good Friday"?). Yahshua is in the "heart of the earth" TWO DAYS & TWO NIGHTS.
6. Friday night. Yahshua is in the "heart of the earth" TWO DAYS & THREE NIGHTS.
7. Saturday. Yahshua is in the "heart of the earth" THREE DAYS & THREE NIGHTS.
8. Saturday night. Yahshua rises from the tomb.
9. Sunday morning ("Easter Sunday"?). Yahshua's disciples come to the tomb to find HE HAS ALREADY RISEN.
A Christian holiday celebrated on the Friday before Easter Sunday. It is the day that Jesus Christ is said to have been nailed and died upon the cross. Meat is not to be consumed on this day.
Don't eat that chicken! Its Good Friday.
Has something to do with Jesus Christ. You are not supposed to eat meat on this day.
Hey Sean, Today is Good Friday. Lets BBQ these fat ass T-Bone Steaks. Also, bring over those pork ribs. Thems is delicious!
Dont eat meat.
Hey bob, want some McDonalds?
A day that commemorates the assassination of some make believe Jew named Jesus. According to Christian Mythology, that Jew will later rise from the dead, which makes Jesus a zombie.
The worship of Jesus "the zombie" no doubt holds society back as a whole.
"This sure is a good Friday now that Jesus is dead."
"We better not eat meat or else Jesus will come back as a zombie and drag us kicking and screaming to the fiery depths of hell."
"Fuck that. I'm eating a steak."
It'll be nice not to have to work this good friday.