Instant rich football clubs with no or few trophies chasing other best football clubs in the same league.
The richest and notorious glory hunter football club; Manchester City are chasing their rivals one of the greatest football clubs in the world; Manchester United to be on top of the table.
characteristics of glory hunters.....
1. will often choose a big club which is guaranteed of years at the top bracket of clubs
2. have no connection to the club
3. foreign to the country and city of the club
4. will overuse club mottos (which makes it more evident)
5. never been to many games (if not any)
6. will never go many games ever
7. will use the excuse of geography to not go to games
8. have limited merchandise before the successful years (most likely none)
9. does not know the history, chants or culture of the club
10. always in the armchair during matchdays
11. uses the talk of tactics and transfers to compensate for the lack of all round knowledge of the club (history and culture of the clubs, attendance of games, lack of knowledge or care factor about the direction of the club off field etc.)
12. will not be effected by football tragedies as much as locals
13. will often be the most biased towards to compensate for the glory hunter status
14. will show more hate for other clubs to compensate for their glory hunter status
15. have a club in their own country, don't have the guts to support them
16. will never talk about the years before the club started to become successful
17. at games (if attended) will be the quiet ones who never chant or make a noise
Hi, my name is Coconut Baron. I am from USA. Never been to any games, only have 5 jerseys, only supported after 1999 and think i am a true manchester united supporter. I never miss a game on tv and always on the internet a minute after fulltime. I live too far away to attend any matches. I guess that doesn't matter. Glory, Glory, Man Utd.
person hearing that thinks "pfft, what a glory hunter lol"
A sad twat who supports Manchester Utd because a)They were the team that were doing well/everyone supported when they started to like football b)Have no life and support whoever is recognised the most
Going down the pub and hearing a bloke with a cockney accent cheering Manchester United on.
A glory hunter is someone who says that they support whichever football team is at the top of the Premier League.
Often chavs or townies
Manchester United fans
Someone who supports a team in the Premier League that is fashionable and/or very successful at the time. In recent times used in reference to a Chelsea fan due to their rapid success now they have loads of money from a dodgy Russian.
"They aren't real fans, they're just a bunch of glory hunters jumping on the bandwagon!"
Cockneys who support Manchester United. Not all MUFC fans are glory hunters though...
'You stupid southern twat, why don't you support your local team?! It's genuine Mancunian fans like me who have to take the flack for you dickheads!' - me
That glory hunter can't name two players on the team, yet he still cheers for them.
1. Someone who supports the most successful clubs at the time
2. Has little knowledge of the club's true history, and has never been to a game
3. Overuses phrases and mottoes (ie: YNWA)
4. Right now, they are Manchester united, Barcelona, and AC Milan fans who mainly live in the US.
5. Someone who will switch from one team to the next once they start losing
6. Someone who gets deeply involved in petty internet fights (ronaldo vs. messi, soccer vs football, etc.)
7. Someone who tries to justify when their team did not do well, even though they probably haven't even heard of them at the time (ie: Franco helped Real Madrid)
9. Most of them support every single team who's top in the table of their respective leagues at once
Barcelona fans who rant about how much messi is better than ronaldo (BOTH AMAZING PLAYERS), not need to get all fired up. Most americans support Barcelona, as well as AC milan and manchester united....glory hunters just want to gloat