The reason it's screwed America over so badly is because the corrupt people within the Clinton administration had limited power, due to Clinton's limitation of executive powers (Just for anyone new here: these are the ideas of Baron de Montesquieu with separation of powers. Our government has three equal powers: legislative (makes the laws), executive (carries out the laws; this includes our President, his administrations, and all programs like the FBI and NSA), and judicial (interprets the laws).
Well, due to President Bush's incompetence, these corrupted people have been able to exert powers and expand the executive branch to sizes not seen since the Nixon Administration (and we all know what happened to Nixon). One of these main corrupt people is Dick Cheney, who I believe everyone should really be afraid of. The man is little short of evil, and so are his little buddies (cough, Donald Rumsfeld, *COUGH*), and with Bush as their puppet, we've suffered 9/11, invaded Iraq, lost lives in Hurricane Katrina, held back from acknowledging global warming until this year (WTF?), not ratified Kyoto Protocol, created tax cuts that benefit the rich over the poor, and essentially raped the Fourth Amendment. The first, ninth, and tenth, suffered some harassment, too.
Well. The overall point of this definition is not to single George Bush out as a disgrace to humankind, because maybe he's not worse than the majority of human beings (key word: maybe; I don't know this for sure). Nonetheless, whether's he's a bad person or simply a little stupid, he's not good enough for public office and our nation is sinking with his smiling face on the sail and the Administration at the helm.
Oh well. At least since people are fed up with Republican hypocrisy from his tenure as President, Democratic ideals will flood America and from there, split again into the factions of the conservatives and the liberals. At least that way, we will make progress for more than just the corporations and less progress for corrupt activity, yet still keep some conservativie values.
Just please. Anything but this man and his administration...
Bush during hurricane
Worst thing to hit USA
Would YOU trust him?
If he's such an idiot, how come he always wins?
Do you know how to use one of these Mr. President??
Hanukkah Bush 2004
Bush during the Pledge -- Note the position of his hand
Moe Bush, he has condescending nicknames for all his 'pals' ... compassionate.
George W. Bush - President of the United States
One Term President
Jenna Bush and Daddy Bush
What did you say?
Later, when no wmds were found, he fiddled with terror alerts, implied connections between Iraq and 9/11, changed the definition of the word "liberation" to "invasion", and generally deceived the American people.
George Bush constantly encourages misconceptions about the war on Iraq and John Kerry, possibly because he does not understand these things himself.
If you disagree, tell me, why DID we go to war with Iraq? Don't just say why we should have gone, or what makes sense to you (i.e. Saddam Houssein was a dictator, find out exactly what George Bush told us.
1. Turned the largest US surplus into the largest deficit in American history, then gives tax cuts when he should be raising taxes to get more money for the country. (And of course, he only gives tax cuts to all of his rich buddies.)
2. Blamed bin Laden for 9/11 (which is okay), but when he couldn't find him, made Americans forget about him by diverting their attention to Saddam Hussein, who had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. Has he found bin Laden? Has he found any WMDs? Didn't think so.
3. Feels the need to stick his nose in Iraq's business and "improve" their government while bombing and completely destroying Iraq-it's obvious it's just an excuse to go to war.
4. Lies about there being NO terrorist attacks since 9/11, when there have been quite a few that he covers up or makes America forget about. (Like that anthrax threat a few years ago for example.)
5. Passes the Patriot Act to keep America safe from terrorists while arresting people who aren't terrorists, never catching the people who are, and violating SIX AMENDMENTS of the Constitution.
6. Passes "Clean Air Act" which actually makes the air dirtier.
7. Makes every country in the world besides Britain and Poland hate us.
8. Quits the Kyoto Protocol because it would make his rich buddies actually spend some money to reduce global warming, and God forbid anyone has to spend money.
9. Throws ultimatums at the American people that only a complete idiot could fall for (and a lot have) like "You're with us or you're with the terrorists" and basically just gets America to be loyal to him out of fear.
10. Only gets into Yale because of his father and passes with a C- average.
11. Has said enough stupid things to fill 265 pages of "Bushisms" books.
12. Gets elected into office after losing by over 10,000 votes. Do you think it's a coincidence that his brother was the governor of the state that the whole election depended on in 2000??
"The Rise of Hitler"
"If you see a train wreck coming, you ought to be saying, what are you going to do about it, Mr. Congressman, or Madam Congressman?"
"We want results in every single classroom so that one single child is left behind."
"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"