2. adj. Not specific; nondescript.
3. adj. Very plain; undecorated.
4. adj. Mediocre or substandard.
4. Some people think they're generic too.
2. That car is generic.
3. Quit acting generic.
2) a lifestyle for practically everyone. if you have ever been labeled as a part of any stereotype, even if its a good one, chances are you're pretty fucking generic.
Author's Note: generic does not mean something is good or bad. obviously generic house parties are gonna be fucking awesome if they're not busted by cops or hosted by asement dwelling Star Trek fanatics. it is just a realization that its something you can't escape from. if this definition of generic drives you to insanity and you feel the only option out is suicide, realize that any possible way you can think of killing yourself is also generic. Death by autoerotic asphyxiation? See David Carradine. (too soon?) You just look like a generic douchebag going out that way. Not to mention no one wants to see a dead guy's dick. You might as well live in this generic world of ours.
see also: meta, stereotypical, typical, played out, unoriginal, not clever
2) "I'm a bro, so I'm going to do what is expected generically of all bros: play lax, drink natty ice, get bitches to make me sandwiches, and play some call of duty. What a generic lifestyle I live for my generic stereotype."
2. "That girl"- blonde hair, cheerleader, favorite color=pink.
3. A word that describes a person's name, looks, interests (in music or personal style), activities, or possessions that are miserably normal and the same as everyone else's.
Girl 1: "So what's your favorite movie?"
Girl 2: "The Notebook."
Girl 1: "That's generic."
"Adam's facebook status says: Who Dat!? Go Saints."..."How generic."