2. Uncool, crappy, lame
2. A derogatory term often used too widely by mostly ignorant and prejudiced people, but sometimes used correctly (for example on South Park by Trey Parker and Matt Stone) to describe something lacking force, power or coolness because it is either phony and fake, or talentless, therefore rendering it lame and crappy.
This meaning is derived from the fact that to a strongly heterosexual person, the thought of sex with their own sex is repulsive, (regardless of how much they might love and respect any gay friends) and always will be. So when say for example a song or movie or TV show is considered 'gay' it expresses a feeling of revulsion because it is so full of lies, bad acting, false emotion, sentimentality, a cringeworthy lack of inspiration etc that trying to embrace and enjoy it by analogy is like trying sex with a dude when you're a straight guy.
Therefore this meaning is inherently prejudiced in origin against homosexuals, so should be used with restraint, but can be effective and hilarious when used correctly.
1 I knew that guy was gay, he just didn't seem that interested when we would talk about the hottest girls
2. Have you heard that new song by U2? it's totally gay, and they used to be so good...
1. jovial or happy, good-spirited
2. a homosexual male or female
3. often used to describe something stupid or unfortunate. originating from homophobia. quite preferable among many teenage males in order to buff up their "masculinity"
1. "We'll have a gay old time."
2. "You DO know he's gay. Notice his homoerotic pornography collection."
3. "Man, these seats are gay. I can't even see what's going on!"
3. A generic insult.
1. You are gay.
2. You are gay.
3. You are gay.
Hee hee hee ^.^
happy. joyful. gleeful.
'we'll have a gay old time'.
-The Flinstone's theme song
A type of squirrel that lives in Latin America.
"Look at that gay scampering across the way!"
Not a Homosexual
or somehing that you find stupid, dumb, idiotic, pointless, and or annoying.
It is simply a term to describe a happy mood or expression.
I hope you have a gay ol' time tonight at the party.
1.The dictionary definition is happy. However, this is archaic and few people use it any more except in the phrase gay old time
, especially homosexual males but can be used for lesbians
3.A generic insult. It can mean bad, stupid, whatever you want it to mean.
Don't say that something is gay as an insult. I find this highly immature, mostly because it is often used when people can't think of a proper insult even when there is nothing homosexual about whatever they're insulting.
1.Jeremy was in a gay mood after getting an A on his test.
2.The people in The Village People are gay.
3."That is such a gay shirt,"remarked Robby.
Got Aids Yet?
Look at that gay guy, does he Got Aids Yet?