2) Used just after being told something that you really didn't need to know.
3) Someone who is boring or making the situation boring.
2) Man1: Oh man, you're sitting in a car!
Man Sitting in Car: Dude, that is so gay.
3) God this party is so gay!
-"gay gay gay gay gay gay PEAHCES gay gay gay gay gay gay CHERYL gay gay gay gay!"
-when becky came out to her unapproving parents, they said "well at least youre not a cheryl"
2) noun; a joyful, happy-looking person with passion for representatives of the same sex.
2) Look, these guys are kissing! They are gays.
1. To be jolly, happy, spirited, good-hearted.
2. Homosexual (but more so in the male sense), as in being sexually attracted to someone of the same sex.
3. An adjective (increasing in use) to negatively describe something as crappy, disappointing, unfavorable, or undesireable.
Many gays (2nd definition) are struggling to earn full rights to this word, and don't take kindly to people using it in the way described by this definition. However, they have to get over it. It is not everyone's intention to use this word to negatively describe something, because they feel homosexuality is wrong. It's just becoming another definition of its own, and gays will just have to deal with that.
But to avoid this kind of conflict, it is recommended to spell it as ghey, a spelling of "gay" made up just for this sort of use of the word "gay".
2. Ellen DeGeneres is attracted to women exclusively, making her gay.
3-A. Gas just went up fifty cents a gallon over the weekend, that's so gay. (WRONG)
3-B: (same as above)...that's so ghey. (CORRECT)
(PS) Watch "that's so gay" by Chris Crocker on YouTube, and hear him bitch about it.
2. (infrequently used): Hey, you know Josh? I just heard he's gay. typically, the sentence wouldn't use the term gay but instead use flamer or fag.