2. vt. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG
3. vt. (Am. H-Hop)Character assassination
2. The Blood Brotherhood ganked that PKer hardcore!
3. P-Diddy ain't got no street cred since J-Lo ganked him in Vibe last week.
1. To kill another player using a group of players
2. To kill another player using any means that places the played to be killed at a substantial disadvantage.
Widely popularised following the success of World of Warcraft, the word "gank" comes from "gang kill", used in earlier MMORPGs like Ultima Online. A gang kill occurs when a group (or gang) of players attack a single one and kill him/her with relative ease.
The meaning has now extended to any player kill where the killed player had little chance to avoid death.
"You had no chance to avoid that rogue! Ganked!"
-Sure man, go ahead I got plenty.
Who the fuck ganked all my beers?
Dean asked, "Sam, are we going to gank the vampires or share our feelings with them?"
Brad: Wow! That's a really nice spray paint work, Chapelle!
Chapelle: Yup, took me four hours to make.
Brad: How about that? *smacks Chappele over the head with a baseball bat then signs his name on the artwork*
Ya'll just got ganked, bitch!
Tom: Hey Gary, those sure are some slick ass rap lyrics!
Gary: Yeah, I ganked em' off of some guy in accounting.
Tom: Pwnt lulz