1. Marijuana; either a specific strain or cannabis in general. Or being under the influence of said marijuana.
2. Cool, laid back. A Jamaican version of the common (African-)Americanism "cool," with a more nuanced meaning.
3. Far superior, but cool about it.
4. Antagonized without reciprocating or retaliating.
2. She's pure galang under stress.
3. She hit those rhythms like mad, but she's pure galang 'bout it.
4. They keep hatin', but she's still lang-ga.
Ref: http:// niceup.com /patois.txt, http:// www.speakjamaican.com /glossary.html
"Why yu fe galang so"? : "why must you behave in such a manner?"
no careless lappa
no gyal can't step in a you shoes
Let go a passa passa
let them a chatta
no gyal can't hotta than you (Galang Gyal)
Whop dem one by one. (Galang Gyal)
top dem two by two. (Galang Gyal)
drop dem three by three. (Galang Gyal)
from you know seh you (Galang Gyal)
spin your roll gyal big up unnu chest. (Galang Gyal)
when you touch the road ah pure stress. (Galang Gyal)
you always wear (Galang Gyal)
and you no care if a gyal wan vex. (Galang Gyal)