To perform this just while you are saying fuck, quickly change it to fudge. Sometimes you may catch it a little late and say fucdge. but it still sounds betta than the real thing
2. Articulate version of the highly popular yet extremely vulgar word fuck.
You: "Oh fuck I hate it when that happens!"
Your mom: "Oh my God! How could you say that? You're grounded for a month!"
You: "Oh fudge I hate it when that happens!"
Your mom: "I'm sorry dear... The fudge is ready."
You: "YAAAY! Fudge!"
2. Exclamation, which sounds a lot like 'fuck' but isn't considered to be rude. (Often, it is used to convert an already started 'fuck' into something acceptable -- eg. around parents, teachers or employers, and so is a 'fudge' in itself.)
3. Attempt to evade through misdirection or lies.
4. Soft, buttery sweet (candy).
'Fudge' is often supposed to be an Americanism, but is actually thought to come from the old word 'fadge', meaning 'to fit'. This, in turn, comes a certain 'Captain Fudge', who was well known for telling lies; thus, a fudge is a contrivance, made to fit.
It remains to be seen if future generations will 'kerry together' a program overnight (after John Kerry, who's claims as a Vietnam War veteran have come under fire), or call out 'oh, bush!' in exasperation (George Bush, his claims of Iraqi WMDs still contested).
See also 'fudgepacker' (a term for the active partner in anal sex -- not the same as, or limited to, gay men).
2. 'How could we have failed, Ms Hardedge? I mean, what the fu... u... udge?'
3. Ms Hardedge asked them about their project, but being unsure they just fudged their answers.
4. The kids ate some fudge, dispirited after failing their project miserably.
ex. Mom/Dad is around. I finished typing my 5000 word essay. I clicked x, without saving. FUDGE It's more of a FML, but oh well.