It is unclear whether the word has always been considered vulgar, and if not, when it first came to be used to describe (often in an extremely angry, hostile or belligerent manner) negative or unpleasant circumstances or people in an intentionally offensive way, such as in the term "motherfucker", one of its more common usages in North America.
Fuck is used not only as a verb (transitive and intransitive), but also as a noun, interjection, and, occasionally, as an expletive infix. The etymology of the word is uncertain (see below). Where the speaker feels that extreme emphasis is needed, it may be used several times in a sentence, e.g. "Fuck the fucking fuckers".
There are several urban-legend false etymologies postulating an acronymic origin for the word. None of these acronyms was ever heard before the 1960s, according to the authoritative lexicographical work, The F-Word, and thus are backronym. In any event, the word fuck has been in use far too long for some of these supposed origins to be possible. Some of these urban legends are:
* That the word fuck came from Irish law. If a couple were caught committing adultery, they would be punished "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge In the Nude", with "FUCKIN" written on the stocks above them to denote the crime.
* That it came from any of:
o "Fornication Under Carnal/Cardinal Knowledge"
o "Fornication Under the Control/Consent/Command of the King"
o "Fornication Under the Christian King"
o "False Use of Carnal Knowledge"
o "Felonious Use of Carnal Knowledge"
o "Felonious Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"
o "Full-On Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"
o "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"
o "Found Under Carnal Knowledge"
o "Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge", referring to the crime of rape.
"Fuck, fucking fuckers fucked!"
2. N. Implying complete and utter confusion
3. N. a really stupid person
4. V. To procreate
5. adj. Can be used to modify any word for more passion
6. Int. Expresses disgust
7. Int. Expresses complete suprise and joy
8. adv. Can be used to make a command more urgent
2. What in the fuck?
3. You stupid fuck!
4. I sugest we go fuck in your mothers bed while eating crackers and petting a cat name mittens!
5. This fucking guy was so fucking weird. He asked me if I was fucking insane.
6. Aw, FUCK!!
7. Holy fuck! You guys rock!
8. Just fucking jump before I fucking kick you in the balls!
Perhaps one of the most interesting words in the english language today, is the word fuck. Out of all the english words that begin with the letter 'f' ...fuck is the only word refered to as 'the f word... It's the one magical word. Just by its sound can describe pain, pleasure, hate and love. Fuck, as most words in the english language is derived from german ...the word fuieken, which means to strike.
In english, fuck falls into many grammatical categories:
As a transitive verb for intance ...John fucked Shirley.
As an intransitive verb...Shirley fucks.
Its meaning is not always sexual, it can be used as...
An adjective such as ...John's doing all the fucking work.
As part of an adverb ...Shirley talks too fucking much.
As an adverb enhancing an adjective ...Shirley is fucking beautiful.
As a noun ...I don't give a fuck.
As part of a word ...absofuckinglutely -or- infuckingcredible.
And as almost every word in a sentence ...Fuck the fucking fuckers.
As you must realize, there aren't too many words with the versatility of fuck...such as these examples describing situations such as:
Fraud ...I got fucked at the used car lot.
Dismay ...ahhh fuck it.
Trouble ...I guess I'm really fucked now.
Agression ...Don't fuck with me buddy.
Difficulty ...I don't understand this fucking question.
Inquiry ...Who the fuck was that?
Dissatisfaction ...I don't like what the fuck is going on here.
Incompetance ...He's a fuck-off.
Dismissal ...Why don't you go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself...
I'm sure you can think of many more examples.
With all these multi-purpose applications, how can anyone be offended when you use the word. We say use this unique, flexible word more often in your daily speech.
It will identify the quality of your character immediately.
Say it loudly and proudly...
Translation: Fuck you.
1. v. to have sex
2. n. the act of having sex
3. adj. with suffix -ed. general derogatory meaning
4. a general insult
5. n. attention or care of (usually lack thereof)
6. v. to disregard, ignore (used with -it, -that)
7. v. to mess up, destroy, mangle, etc. (used with suffix -up)
8. exclaimation of emotion
9. derogatory dismissal
10. expression of confusion
11. very, extremely
12. n. a person you don't like
13. bother, agitate
14. v. to be in distress
2. that was a good fuck.
3. he is fucked.
4. fuck you.
5. i don't give a fuck.
6. fuck that.
7. he fucked up the car really badly.
8. oh, fuck!
9. fuck off.
10. what the fuck?
11. that was fucking amazing.
12. he's a fucker.
13. are you trying to fuck with me?
14. I'm fucked.
( anger, excitment, sadness, confusion, stupidity, pleasure, disappointment, hysterical, boredom, exhaustion, happiness, fright, frustration, shock, being disgusted, depression, surprised, embarrasment, being asamed, jealousy, lonliness, anxiousness, shyness, and anything fucking else you fucking people can feel!!!)