The phenomenon of becoming fascinated with a casual acquaintance or friend of a mutual friend to the point where your perception of their awesomeness inexplicably inspires you to initiate a new friendship. Upon meeting said new-person the afflicted are riddled with feelings similar to those of a real crush; such as wanting to spend time with them, laughing at their jokes more than others, admiration, girly giddiness, etc., Friend crushes are notorious for striking quickly and inciting gossip. Friend Crushes are more commonly observed in females but are also rampant in the male world, albeit manifesting themselves in slightly different ways, see male specific definition under Man Crush
Lu: "Holy Crap Karamy is awesome, I think I have a total friend-crush on her!?"
1. a good friend that's also your secret crush
2. that person you asked out that "just wanted to be friends", but you still have a crush on
3. a friend that kinda likes you and you kinda like him/her back
4. a stage where you kinda want to be friends, but at the same time, you want to be a couple
1. oh gawd i really like ethan... but he's been my friend since third grade!! ahh, a new friend-crush!
2. i wish lisa wouldn't have rejected me. she's my friend-crush.
3. those two always smile and giggle with each other. they're both such friend-crushes.
4. ugh, i think i want to be friends with kendra. but i don't know, i kind of want to be more than friends! MYEHH FRIEND-CRUSH STAGE