A sleepy wealthy community that crams over sized houses into an overly small town. There is nothing to do here. There is one shopping center with a Market Basket, Spa, and Starbucks. Tourists are attracted here thanks to shows like "The Real Housewives of NJ". but are disappointed when they see that there is nothing to do here.
Hey watching The Real Housewives of NJ made me want to visit Franklin Lakes.
Nah don't bother its boring. Its just like anywhere else but with bigger houses.
151 richest town in the US. In bergen county new jersey. Home to asshole rich kids, expensive cars and real designer bags. A place where one could count 10 or more mercedes/bmw's on the way to the supermarket. THE place to go for the best rolled dutches, hands down.
Being from franklin lakes, he could not chose between an M3 or an Escalade for his 17th birthday.
The rich family from franklin lakes had a hard time deciding if they wanted to buy property in the hamptons, nantucket, or a south beach penthouse.
Being rich aint easy.
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey: Like no other. ;)more...
You Know You’re From Franklin Lakes When...
-75 percent of your grocery shopping is done at the Market Basket.
-If you're Catholic...you go to MBS but only on the big holidays.
-You own 3 cars, at least one is an Escalade/Hummer.
-Your house has 7 bedrooms, but your family consists of only three people.
-You live in a McMansion.
-Your garage is bigger than normal people's houses.
-You have a pool that’s never used because you don't spend your summers in Franklin Lakes.
-You probably have more than one house (Vermont, Florida, Jersey Shore.)
-The Sweet 16’s on “My Super Sweet 16” don’t even compare to yours.
-You have a work out room and a library in your house that you don’t use.
-You had Ms. Wulster for Gym.
-You got really excited that Franklin Lakes got a Dunkin' Donuts
...but at the same time you think it’s crap we don't have a Starbucks and Wyckoff does.
-You watch shows like Laguna Beach and don't understand what's so crazy about people having so much money.
-When you turn 16 your parents will get your “okay to crash” car like a Mercedes or BMW but not to worry, you’ll get that Lamborghini or Ferrari for your 21st birthday.
-Know there is a definitive rich section and “not so rich” (aka not rich for Franklin Lakes but not close to the poverty line either) section of Franklin Lakes.
-You never set foot in the Franklin Lakes library.
-If you go to FAMS you think it’s cool to hang out at Dunkin Donuts...
A chill town in bergan county where 95% of the kids have a lot of money and the other 5% are pretty wealthy, too. Only half of them are stuck up and bratty, while the other half spend most of their time trying to avoid the brats. A lot of nice houses and cars can be found here. It's home to the Market Basket and FAMS, the middle school that used to be so cool but now sucks because of the gay 2004 8th graders... it's got a subway, a stop and shop, franklin lakes bagels, piazella, hallmark, and Ramapo Highschool, which FL shares with Wyckoff and some of Oakland. Pretty much, a boring town. Kids are called "flakers" and like to call it "flakes". A lot of the kids like to hang out in Ridgewood because it's so boring there.
"There's nothing to do in Franklin Lakes.. ever"
"That bitch in the Mercedes had to be from Franklin Lakes."
Franklin Lakes' Girls' Snobbish attitude reflected in a pupil's choise of high school: Blue Collar Indian Hills versus White Collar Ramapo.
Oakland, Indian Hills "They'll beat me up for my Gucci handbag!" versus Franklin Lakes, Ramapo "BUT MOM! If I don't have the Gucci Handbag the girls will beat me up!
A town in Bergen County were a lot of rich people live but there are also some not so rich people. Some kids are very stuck up and treat people like crap but there are others that are very nice and smart and could care less what designer stuff they have. People from other towns make of the "flakers" and call them stuck up but all the stuck up kids go to ramapo so if you know a flaker that goes to hills or some other school, they're probably not stuck up.
-Did you see that stuck up kid from Franklin Lakes over there?
-Yeah. They go to Ramapo.
Franklin lakes isone of the top ranked richest towns of the country. Most p eople hu live here drive in a bmw. You must walk to pizza or dunkin dounuts after skool if you go to FAMS. iT IS MANDATORY. if u are a girl, u must be either a war eagles or patriots cheerleader and if ur a boy, u should be a war eagles football player or lax or hockey or boys basketball team for patriots.
sally-hey u wannah go to pizza after skool? nick- nahh i h8 dd and pizza ... Sally-wow waht a loser i h8 pizza and i still go anyways u should go if ur in franklin lakes anyways