1. American football- Contact sport played with 11 players on each side. Requires speed and upper body strength. But plays are brief, not requiring a lot of endurance
2. What Americans call soccer, requires leg strength and endurance. BUT! rarely requires any upper body strenght.
they are two different sports with different supporters.
They shouldn't really be compared, as football is a contact sport and requires hands, while soccer doesn't let you use your hands and is not a contact sport
Average hater of American football on UrbanDictionary: "Football" is full of pussy gay faggots that like to hump each other and call it a sport.
Rational person: Two things are keeping me from actually listening to what you say:
1. Your Homophobia amazes me
2. You've probably never played the sport, so STFU
A sport which the point of the game is to get the Stewie Griffin head- shaped ball to the endzone for points by carrying or passing the ball. In the end whoever has the most points wins. NFL (National Football League) is a company that makes football teams all across America and puts games on television. The sport requires lots of padding as there is lots of tackling involved. To play you'll need this gear: Cup, Briefs(Jockstrap or compression shorts), Girdle, Football pants with thigh and knee pads, Cleats, shoulder pads, a jersey, and a helmet, mouthguard and chinstrap. Usually played by men.
Jillian: Hey I heard that hot guy Dylan is playing football for the school this year!
Lindsay: Yeah! He's trying out for quarterback!
Jillian: I'm so excited to cheer for him!
The gayest sport in all the world, even gayer than men's synchronised fisting in pink leotards to "Small Town Boy" by Bronski Beat.
An excuse to watch men in shorts lock legs with other men in shorts while they try to shoot white balls into your gaping orifice while your team mate tries in vain to prevent said hole from being violated.
So gay that supporters of football "teams" hold regular pride parades resulting in "who's the gayest" skirmishes to see who can be the first in prison to get bum raped.
"Hey man do you like football?"
"No I prefer tits to balls."
1. American football (I don't know why it's called football) is a sport played in many parts of the world, not just the US- though it originated there, and consists of two teams of eleven players with the objective of scoring points by advancing the ball into the opposing team's end zone by either throwing the ball to your teammates or running with it. THIS SPORT REQUIRES SKILL AND PLAYERS WEAR PADS TO PROTECT THEMSELVES BECAUSE IT IS A DANGEROUS SPORT.more...
2. Association football, also called soccer (formed by the third, fourth and fifth letters of the word association- so as to distinguish it from other forms of football), is a sport played in every country of the world and consists of eleven players on each team with the objective of putting the ball in the opposing teams goal using only your feet. THIS SPORT REQUIRES SKILL AND IS, IN MY OPINION, THE BEST SPORT EVER.
3.Rugby football- another sport called football. Honestly I don't know how to play this game, but I know it requires just as much skill as the above sports.
People need to shut up about which football is better and how Americans need to stop calling American football football cause it's not gonna happen. And Association football can be called football OR soccer and be correct both ways. And...
the most exciting game on earth. the game can end up both teams having no scores or if lucky maybe it will reach the score of 3 or 2.
the better you act, the more times you can get some penalty kicks.
it is very exciting, you can watch it and take a nap and when you wake up both teams still don't have any scores
football fan #1: dang, i was not able to watch the game last night. people said it was very exciting
football fan #2: geez man you stupid. the game was intense, no one scored until the last minute. my boy del mundo did his thing, he acted like his balls were kicked, he looked like he was in deep pain and so they got a penalty kick and scored and they won. woo hoo! i love this shit
Football means different things in different places. In the United States of America, it refers to American Football, which involves 11 padded players (the offense) attempting to bring an oblong ball into the oppenents endzone, whereas the other 11 players (the defense) try to stop this from happening while trying to cause a turnover (interception, recovered fumble) or make the offense go 3 and out; as 4 downs are given to the offense to advance 10 yards. If they do so, they are given 4 fresh downs. To see more, search American Football or click on the link provided.
Football elsewhere refers to what I and other Americans know as soccer; which involves 11 players on each team attempting to kick a checkered sphere into the opponents goal. Hands can only be used by the goalie, who can not leave the rectangle in front of their goal; other players must move the ball by kicking it or heading it. See other definitions on this page or search soccer for further explanation.
I love to play American Football, whether it is casually with friends or competitively with my school team. I however do not like competitive soccer, though I do like playing casually with friends. It is a matter of prefence, and will everyone stop bickering about which one is better? It is opinion, nothing else.
Fan: Football kicks soccer's f&*%ing ass! Soccer eats hairy balls.
Fan: Football kicks American football's f#$%ing ass! American football eats hairy balls.
Reasonable Person: Oh shut up, both of you idiots. They're both good sports.
one of the most un-athletic sports in the world. its stop and go, which means you don't have to be in shape. football consists the fattest players in sports. in the majority of high schools it is a non-cut sport. it also has the biggest meat heads that take steroids and don't give a fuck about their life.
Person 1: Dude. Want to play football?
Person 2: What are you calling me, fat and lazy?