Fresh Off The Boat.
It is usually used for Persians who just came from Iran, or if you even came 15 years ago and you still say E-school. or gas e-station. or Dat.
Even if you still bring Ghormeh Sabzi to school everyday for lunch.
I've never heard it any other way.
"There were so many FOBs at the Arash, Siavash and DJ Aligator concert last week!"
First of all...Fob's are immigrants a.k.a. Fresh off the boat. There are many kinds of fobs (i cant really take credit for this becuz i got this off a site. I added some in)
- Besides your nationality, there is little to distinguish you from white people
- Your significant other is not Asian and never has been
- You have few Asian friends, if any
- You are embarrassed at family events because you cannot speak your language and everyone has to switch to English to communicate with you
- You have no idea that the other types of Asians on this list even exist
- You think Hello Kitty is dumb and do not know what Sanrio is
- You are the only Asian on this list that does not know what Bubble Tea is
- You drive a Ford or some other domestic car and if you drive a Honda, it is stock
- You claim yourself as Asian, but real Asians think you're whitewashed and non-Asians see you as a foreigner. You fit in nowhere
- You have heard of Bubble Tea but have never actually had any
- You are confused about your cultural identity and express this frustration through spoken word performances at your college
- You read A. magazine and think it's great
- You do not know who Leon, Aaron, Sammi, Hikki, or Kangta are
- You are only vaguely aware of the other Asians below
Yap (Young Asian Professional)
- You are in one of these professions:
a) Medicine / Pharmaceutical
d) Investment Banking
Fresh Off the Boat
"I no FOB, I having good Engrish!"
FOB - is a degrading term for people not up to date on the culture which is an abbreviation for (Fresh Of the Boat.)
meaning you still carry your sense of fashion from your country which clashes with the current countries cultures.
Origin: Hawaii 60's
Local Hawaiians used it to refer to white people who came from mainland US to Hawaii. Its was used a lot by locals and surfers. it was to refer to white people who wasn't up to date on the culture.
It is now used a lot by Asians to refer to immigrant Asians of the same sense.
"Man! whats up with your shoes? thats fob!"
"Dood! check out the howlie with the yellow hat. what a fob."
A cruel term used by Asian-Americans to describe recent Asian immigrants.
People who think it's easy to move to a different country and try integrate into a completely different culture within 1-2 years are retards. FOBs are fabulous. FOBs, with their limited knowledge of English, are a millions times better than AZNs who tIPe LyTe dIS.
Means Fresh-Off-Boat, but in Australia esp.NSW and QLD used to refer to a Pacific Islander particularly, a Polynesian (Not offensive)
A Fob can be anyone of the following: Tongan, Samoan, Cook Islander, Hawaiian, Niuean, Rapanui, Maori
A derogatory adjective for Asians who are "Fresh Off the Boat." It is also commonly used for rich kids from Hong Kong who immigrate to another country and stick together only speaking Cantonese. They often dress in the most expensive clothing possible and favour BMW 325s and Mercedes SLKs. These are further appointed with a variety of Hello Kitty(TM) or other Japanese cute-and-cuddlies. They often have really bizarre english names taken from they think "sounds cool."
"Man that Lancelot Cheung is such an FOB."
To place ones fingers under the chin of an unsuspecting victim.
I'm going to fob you so hard..