Some characteristics of the Florida Cracker:
1. Knows how to fish by instinct- was in to bass fishing before Bass Pro Shop existed.
2. Prefers to swim in a lake or creek, not a pool.
3. Knows what swamp cabbage is and how to cook it.
4. Takes his hat off whenever DIXIE or any Lynyrd Skynyrd song is played.
5. Liked NASCAR better when it wasn't on TV. (MRN)
6. Knows that cane syrup is what you eat on biscuits. Gravy is what you eat with squirrel and rice.
7. Doesn't mistake a gopher for a turtle.
8. Knows that Fla. women are the best there is.
9. Says the blessing before eating.
10. Knows how to get to Hog Valley, Yankeetown, Scrambletown, and Yeehaw Junction.
Steve Spurrier was born in Miami and embodies the traits of a Florida Cracker.