1. Not graceful; ungainly.
1. Not dexterous; clumsy.
2. Clumsily or unskillfully performed: The opera was marred by an awkward aria.
1. Difficult to handle or manage: an awkward bundle to carry.
2. Difficult to effect; uncomfortable: an awkward pose.
1. Marked by or causing embarrassment or discomfort: an awkward remark; an awkward silence.
2. Requiring great tact, ingenuity, skill, and discretion: An awkward situation arose during the peace talks.
Who ever is the decided to spell the word "awkward" did a half ass job. Sure, starting a word with "awkw" is uncommon, but they could have done a lot better. This is why I believe the correct spelling of "awkward" should be "Fiyeirdkf"