1. when one mishears part of what another says.
2. to regain a group's focus during a lull in the conversation after off topic rambling.
3. to change the subject.
4. to kindly insult a friend/coworker when they say/do something mindless.
5. as a form of agreement.
Note: originaly used in situation #1. Has since spread like a virus.
2. <extended group silence> Random group member: "Fishes!"
3. Them: "...so that's why I started using (random embarasing personal hygene product)." You: <long pause> "Fishes."
4. You: <walk into room, search around, forget what you were looking for> Them: "Fishes?"
5. Them: "This sucks." You: <nodding head> "Fishes."
also used by gay men to complement female looking drag queens or transgender women that appear 'real' or too convincing to be men.
see also 'fishstick'
"Hey girl, look at you! You're looking fish tonight!"
"Hey fishstick! You get prettier every day!"
Syn: Gay, Fag, Homo, Queer, Fagget
Also a term used for Mexicans because of their swimming skills
Bob: You havier is a Fish
Pablo: Yea cuz his family swam here from Mexico