2. They are always mixed up for being either an Asian or a Pacific Islander. Officially, Filipinos are categorized as Asians and the Philippines are part of South-east Asia.
3. Others would say that Filipinos are the Mexicans of Asia. (Kinda agree on that.)
4. They look Hispanic due to past history with Spain. The Philippines was "discovered" by Magellan in 1521, who declared them Spanish territory. However, Magellan was killed and Spain didn't invade again until 1565. They had control from 1571 until 1898, when it was transferred to the United States after the Spanish-American War.
5. Most Filipinos have olive skin. I guess, you could say "naturally tan". However, not all are. Others have darker skin tones. There are those who are half-Filipinos that are fairer either because they have Western blood or something in them that made their colour the way it is.
6. Most Filipinos are known for being hard-working. Nobody is perfect so yes, there are those that are still lazy but there are more that are hard-working.
7. Not all Filipinos tok like dis not all chenge der p to f or vice versa.
8. The Philippines was actually once a rich country until the government, well, became corrupt.
10. It's more fun in the Philippines.
*When, persay, a Filipino student arrives in the U.S, he/she is immediately under the pressure of American society at school to be what they keep saying. Some Filipinos will go along with it and become "ghetto Asians." Others will fight it. Still, others may try to stay under the radar so they don't need to hear any more ignorance.
*They believe that just because we were an export colony of Spain, that were all a bunch of Mexicans. While it is true that about 2% are part Spanish, that leaves the rest to be Pacific Islander and Asian. Even so, it's not your race that determines your personality.
*Since America is the dominant power, what rumors flow out of there are considered superior (to a diminishing extent, however).
*In other Asian countries, they are similarly racist towards Filipinos and face discrimination, thus, get worse jobs than if they were of different descent.
Generally used to describe a particularly attractive person from the Philippines.
Can also be used to describe a Filipino with a particularly short temper.
2.) This Filipiño came at me with a Machete; apparently I was driving too slow.
Dark hair, tan skin, short height, flat nose (mostly but it suits our looks, anyway), simply beautiful, and sexy! :D
Attitude, interests, etc.
*Ofcourse, I'll say Filipinos are really nice because I'm a filipino lol. But seriously, most of us really are. Sure, there are some who are not but every country has a good and not that good citizens, right?
*We've got a great sense of humor, I'll assure you. We love joking around and stuff even if its corny, we still laugh at it. We always laugh as if its our last day:)
*Filipinos love to have fun; specifically speaking, anything that includes food, music and a lot of friends. You have no idea how much we love eating! XD
*We value the people around us so much. We treat our friends as a family.
*About accent thingy, I dont know but I think we are really good at that. I mean, we can speak english well, most of us even fluently. We can even speak in other countries' accent; meaning, we dont sound so trying hard when speaking in other's language lol.
*Tagalog is our main language, but there are so much more in the Philippines. I honestly dont even know most of them because there's really a lot.
*Some Filipinos have the foreign faces, even if they are naturally born Filipino. Well, simply amazing :3 :D
*We are so nice but, dont. ever. seriously. mess. up. with. us. We are kinda mean, in case of emergency. :p
*And especially, we have a great faith in the Lord. We value it so much. :)
Filipino: Uyy! Anong meron dyan? (Yo, what do you have there? -- *talks about food hahaha*)
Actually, we are proud to be a really food lover! :) At least, we dont get so fat. :p
Filipinos are an intelligent hard working group of people who are better categorized as Pacific Islanders than Asians. Although the 7000+ islands comprising the filipines are closer to the area known as asia, the culture and people share little else with their asian neighbors.
Filipinos do not use chopsticks and the preferred method of eating is with the bare hands, Tagalog (as well as the 140 other languages native to the the area) are of polynesian origin and structure. Traditionally, dance, mythology and ritual tattoos were a part of the culture, in similar fashion to most other polynesian cultures.
During the Spanish invasion, the Spaniards continued their practice of killing anyone unwilling to convert to Catholocism (i.e the native American indians of Western America). A smart lot, most Filipinos converted rather than facing a painful death. However, much of the indigenous culture was sadly lost.