1. n. pronounced: fat-wah (From mouslim origin) A (usually) irreversable death penalty or bounty placed on an individual, especailly for betrayal of one's peers or criminal organization.
2. n. Is the ultimate punishment given to any blasphemer who intentionally or unintentionally disrespects the mouslim religion, its leading teachers,imans, moulahs, ayatolahs, or its faithful. A bounty or death sentance.
1. Yo motherfucka... You don't pay up I'm gonna put a fatwa on your sorry sick ass!
2. Salmon Rushdie--How dare you call the Qur'an a book of satanic verses? A fatwa on you, unbeliever!
A fatwa is any religious decision made by mufti (Islamic scholar who is an interpreter or expounder of Islamic law).
The most infamous fatwa is the one by Ruhollah Khomeini sentencing Salman Rushdie (Muslim essayist) to death - that's why most Western people see fatwa just as a death sentence, although it's more than that.
1. Mufti issued a fatwa concerning fast observance during Ramadan.
2. Khomeini issued a fatwa calling for Rushdie's death.
a strong declaration given by some bearded freak that civilized people completely ignore.
The imam delivered a fatwa saying that women cannot drive cars.
an islamic "permission slip" to commit criminal and immoral acts against cicilians especially women and children
the mullah issued a fatwa against the freedom fighters
A guy approched me, whispering "Look down my swimsuit. You're giving me a real fatwa!"