Facebook pain (or Status Infliction) occurs when a 'friend' or ex-partner you sill have feelings for gushes about their new lover.
Some examples of Facebook pain:
- Can't wait to see my girl tonight
- 2 hours! A new personal best ;-)
- Liam went from being "single" to "in a relationship" <3
- I have the best girlfriend ever :p
- Moving in with my girl
- Cuddled up on the sofa watching telly together
- Here is a picture of us in one another's arms
Pain that's experienced through means of Facebook, but that you don't really care about, it just happened on Facebook.
It is, essentially, virtual pain.
"Adrian Ellis is married to Nick Rew <3 "
"Adrian Ellis is single <3 "
no one actually cares about this, but it would hurt in real life, therefore, it is Facebook pain