1. If one is over 16 years old or not a geek, FTW is commonly associated with bikers and punks and should be interpreted as "Fuck The World"
2. In mountain biking culture it is commonly associated with frame builder extraordinaire and Mountain Bike Hall of Fame Nominee Frank Wadelton aka "Frank The Welder". FTW has built frames for Yeti, FTW Industries, Spooky, and is currently involved in the design and production of Sinister Bikes
1. "You may not want to get into it with that guy. His buddy has FTW tattooed on his forehead."
2. "My first MTB was a Yeti, and since then I've owned 4 frames built by FTW."
August 7, 2007 Urban Word of the Day
"For The Win."
An enthusiastic emphasis to the end of a comment, message, or post. Sometimes genuine, but often sarcastic.
Originated from the game show Hollywood Squares where the result of the player's response is expected to win the game.
Bob: Your 1up t-shirt rocks
Sally: 1up t-shirts ftw.
In biker gangs it meant Fuck the World,
but in online usage it mainly means For the Win.
When you see FTW, don't ever get a biker confused with a gamer or else you might be like "stfu n00b" and then get your face smashed in.
FTW is an acronym which means "For the win"
"did you see the new ytmnd?"
"new ytmnd ftw =D!!1"
1. Fuck the world.
2. For the win.
3. What the fuck backwards
4. Free the whales
i hate everything, ftw!
For The Win
Commonly used among geeks to express their enthusiasm for something, especially in IRC.
a) Cola is best
b) nope, Pepsi is way better
a) Cola FTW!
(1)English Translation: Fuck the world.
-\Often used to express a feeling of depression/unacceptance/frusteration.
(2)English Translation: For the win.
-\A term which can be originated to a popular game show "HollyWood Squares" when , on the final move contestants would announce their move was "For the win".
-\Used oftenly when giving importance to a specific noun.(ei. "My computer, FTW")
(3) English Translation: What the fuck?
Originatiton: WTF, "l33tsp33k".
FTW: Intentional spelling error of the word wtf to emphasise confusion and bewildredness.
(WTF: See wtf)
as a statement,"ftw."
also in a sentence, "What? A headshot!FTW!"
as a phrase, "Chuck Norris, ftw."
as an adjective, "My new graphics card definitly is ftw."
(3) (see wtf)
Abbreviation of 'For the Win', often used as a rallying cry in computer games, especially online games like World of Warcraft.
"Horde FTW!", as shouted by a WoW Horde player in a charge against Alliance.