1. To disappear, like vapor.
2. A great band formed in Little Rock, Arkansas. Founders are Amy Lee (singer, piano) and Ben Moody (ex-guitar). Other band members are Rocky Gray (drums), William Boyd (bass), John LeCompt and Terry Balsamo (guitars). As of now, the primary songwriter is Amy Lee. They are simply a rock group, usually falsely mis-labeled as christian rock. This happened because a cover of Tourniquet (song originally done by Rocky's old band) appeared on Fallen. The words "God" and "Christ" are mentioned a few times, but that'a all they're mentioned in the entire album. The album was first put in Christian stores, then taken out soon after. Their best selling album, Fallen, has gone 6X Platinum.
Recently, their live album, Anywhere But Home, caused Wal-Mart to be sued becauseit was being sold in Maryland without a Parental Advisory sticker attached to it. On track five of the album, a cover of the song Thoughtless, originally by Korn, Amy Lee swears 3 times during the course of the song, sticking with the original lyrics. Apparently, swearing in one song on an album warrants a Parental Advisory, and Marlyand Wal-Marts cannot, by law, sell albums containing this.
Rock, not Christian rock
Not a Lacuna Coil rip-off
Greatest band ever
in actuallity it means: to dissipate or disappear like vapor
life is in a constant state of evanescence.
An amazing rock band from Arkansas, USA. They released songs such as Bring Me To Life, Going Under, Everybody's Fool and My Immortal, although their older work and demos, in my opinion is better.
They are NOT fake, unlike some other bands ;)
Amy Lee is just amazing.
1) To disappear or vanish into a mist.
2) 00's rock band from Little Rock, America. Songs include Bring Me To Life and Everbody's Fool. Sometimes called Christian Rock because they are Christians; only one song on Fallen, Torniquet, mentions God or Christ.
2) Did you hear the new Evanescence song?
Apart from the proper dictionary definition, Evanescence is a rock band with great lyrics. You don't have to be a depressed or be into rock to appreciate their music. Even if you're a content and happy person, you can to some extent relate to their songs. If they weren't any good, they wouldn't have so much publicity, think about it, how many other bands in the same genre have succeeded like them.
Eg) My Immortal - lost love?
Going Under - finally letting go?
Bring me to Life - self recognition?
Breathe No More -
Self-improvement is for the weak, the strong seek self-destruction.
Probably the best band to ever come into existence. Amy Lee's voice is perfect; the contradiction between the music and her singing sounds wonderful. Typically called "goth rock", the band doesn't really fit under that definition.
The people at my school don't understand good music; no one here likes Evanescence.
Evanescence is one of the best bands EVER. With the enchantingly beautiful, harmonious voice of Amy Lee, and an awesome beat, there is NOTHING better! They were founded by Amy Lee and Ben Moody (who left the band durring thier European tour in October of 2004).
"I just got the new Evanescence CD/DVD 'Anywhere But Home', and it ROCKS!"
"I Love Amy Lee of Evanescence, her voice is so beautiful.
A tragically underestimated rock band hailing from Little Rock, Arkansas, U.S. Often known by idiots for "calling themselves gothic," "ripping off Lacuna Coil," and other overconformed demi-insults. Most known for the songs "My Immortal" and "Bring Me to Life." People generally forget that Evanescence has a large collection of songs pre-Fallen.
Ev have covered many songs, most notably "Tourniquet" ("My Tourniquet") by Soul Asylum and "Thoughtless" by Korn.
Annabelle: Despite how their lead vocalist always tries to go around saying "Oh, I'm such a demi-goth."
Reply: Imbucile, stop pretending you know what you're saying and actually read a fucking interview.