The book is kind of entertaining for a little while, despite the fact that the story ripped off a mix of Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, with forgettable characters and a lack of originality (The main character's name was the word "Dragon" with the first letter changed. Go figure). It really showed that it was written by a teenager. The plot is easily predictable but it's fine for when you just want a easy, slightly shoddy book to read.
The film is bad. Lifeless and at times a bit silly, the best thing in it is the visual effects. And, of course, the same flaws in the story of the book.
The game is terrible. You cannot upgrade anything, change anything and it's so repetitive I think I actually lost a lot of my brain cells from it. The graphics are rivaled only by video games of the cretaceous period.
Give the book a try if you really want to.
Avoid the film.
Buy the game and burn it to rid the world of this abomination.
Noun: 1) A a piece of degenerative garbage often derived from an already respected piece of art,
2) A stereotypical weak and angsty hero.
3) An adolescent male that dreams of riding Dragons and saving princesses.
4) A male highschool idiot that things he's tough but gets beaten up by jocks every day. Still he hangs onto the delusion that people think he's cool.
5) An Epic Failure
''Star Wars got Eragoned by Christopher Paulini. He's such a plagiarising loser!''
1) ''Eldest is an Eragon of The Empire Strikes Back.''
2) ''Bek Rowh from The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara is such an Eragon''
3) ''John dreams of riding Dragons - What. An. Eragon.''
4) ''Haha, John got beaten up by Damien yesterday. He's such a mothafucking Eragon.''
5) ''Louis got pwnt in that debate with James yesterday. He's such an Eragon.''