2. A current, customary form of expressing displeasure to the shortcomings or maladroitly behavior of another - especially behavior seen as excessively thoughtless, prone to failure, foolish.
3. When the external efforts intended for good by a group or individual become undeniably and universally accepted as worthy of ridicule, yet at a much broader scale, "epic fail", a failure which surpasses reason or explanation, laughter is stifled and time stops for a short period of time to mourn the presence of the said failure in question
4. (Religious) When Satan and/or Lucifer(as depicted in scripture) looks upon the failure of a said party and either feels jealousy toward the chaos they have caused or contrary to his mythical nature begins to actually pity those who are instigators of an "epic fail."
5. The United States Government(past, present or future tenses aside, as well as any party, idealism or administration).
The increasingly held view that The United States Government has, for some time, even to the most current administration, despite all arguments of one party or the other, has failed and is doomed to always fail beyond redemption or hope.
6. Senator Howard Dean.
7. John Edwards' Haircut.
8. Dan Rather.
"Josh tried to capture the rare White Siberian Tiger on photo as he became one the luckiest men alive in witnessing the existence of such a rare animal. As he tapped his camera for an exposure, he realized that he forgot 1) to empty his memory card to make room for the perfect shot and 2) Remove the lens cover. Epic Fail!"
"He tried to show of his 'fly ride,' yet as he tried to 'peel out' he accidentally shifted his vehicle into 'neutral' instead of 'drive', causing his engine to race very high and eventually backfire. Epic Fail. Oh yeah...and his ride was an Oldsmobile. Epic Fail #2."
You must die, or the world will fail itself due to such an extreme level of failage.
<Me>: Epic fail.
Fail- An inability to complete an objective, task or job either assigned or volunteered for.
Epic Fail -A mistake of such monumental proportions that it requires its own term in order to sucessfully point out the unfathomable shortcomings of an individual or group.
Jim: Epic Fail, Man. EPIC Fail.
Person 2: Ok, before we do anything, have you tried rebooting?
Person 1: ._.
Conclusion: Person 2 has had an Epic Fail
2. When an attempt at comedy on an internet message board is so terrible it incites pity in the reader of sed post.
3. When an attempt to get over as a whacky character on an internet message board completely and utterly fails.
4. An attempt to endorse Fanta and homosexuality at the same time on an internet message board that leads to ridicule
2&3 "Anchor World Order= EPIC FAIL"
4."anchor= EPIC FAIL"