NB: Emo does not mean the person cuts themselves, they might but that is not why they're emo.
2) A style. Quite similar from emo to emo but they try to make it quite unique. Some common features of emo's are:
-long hair that covers their eyes
-skinny fit jeans
NB: Not all emo's wear this style and just because you see someone who has one or more of the above features doesn't mean they're emo.
3) A genre of music. Some people find it depressing, but generally emo's listen to it because it describes something that has happened/happening to them perfectly. It's like the band has taken their memories and found the perfect way to describe it.
NB: Just because a band isn't very popular doesn't mean it is emo and some emo music is very cheery and consoling.
2) You see big groups of emo's in town wearing that style, but still managing to look cool and different.
3) Some people say My Chemical Romance is emo and depressing, but they have some cheeryish songs and their lyrics mean something to some emo's.
by One of the few people who will say what the labels are instead of my opinion on them February 09, 2008 add a video add an image
2. Type of music characterized by heartfelt, although sometimes whiny lyrics.
3. Person who listens to afformentioned type of music. Stereotypically wears too-small sweaters and tight jeans, black horn-rimmed glasses, and straight black hair, although this is not always true. Sometimes a vegan, sometimes straight edge.
What most people think it is, is someone that wears mostly dark clothing, guys that where eyeliner, and they all cut themselves.
What I have found it to actually be is people who might not have the hardest of lives, but just enough problems to make them think they do. They are not as sad as people think though, they only want other people to think they are. It is just the same as someone who over uses jokes because they have a low self esteem, except sad instead of glad. They might write poetry, where make up, skinny jeans, and stuff, but most "emo" guys are straight. And emo's who are not faking it do not like to be called emo. they are just whoever they are, without labels. the conception that they cut themselves is wrong. some do, but I've met a few preps who take out a razor, to. emo's are just as conforming as all the rest, and the real ones will admit it. they aren't trying to be abnormal, they just like how they look.
-real thing: no your not. your just a poser and your stupid.
Emo kids are mostly seen with acoustic guitars and My Chemical Romance attire, as well as black hair that simply screams "kick me in the balls as hard as you can".
High-pitch nasally voice can often be heard uttering the words "You just don't understand", followed by the sound of slamming door, then muffled whimpering as the individual proceeds to scratch their wrist, hoping you'll take notice of their weak and futile efforts to portray suicide and/or self-mutilation.
But most notably, Emos keep records of thier so-called "problems" in diaries. These records mostly include pointless whiny rants:
"They just don't understand"
"And Karen dumped me today. She says I'm the perfect guy, and that I'm always there for her, just like when her Chimichangas were too cold, and she ended up cutting her wrist out of shear depression. She says it's not me, it's her. She says I'm too good for her. I love her so much... I think I'll express my undying love for her by throwing my pillows and crying... and perhaps I'll write a love song and sing it off-key..."