some things to think of when Playing D&D
1. Don't piss-off the Dungeon Master
2. There are endless variables to assume in every situation.
3. People prefer you to pay attention to the game when playing
4. However its best not to "get way into" the Game itself
5. When a group of people follow the rules and listen well the game can actually become very fun.
". . .let's make a follow-up campaign!"
"Aw yeah! You da Dungeon Master!"
The lengthy and intricate version is a bit daunting as this game allows you to;
1. Do anything you want.
2. Be anyone you want.
3. Do it with whomever you want to do it with.
4. Live any way you want to live.
5. Be the greatest hero in the story or the most vile villain.
Any action can occur and does as all the Dungeon Master(DM) does is place the Player Characters(PCs) into a situation and the player characters use their minds, wits, items, spells and weapons or anything else they can find, borrow or steal to get through that situation. If successful, they find wealth, fame and fortune as well as a rise in personal wisdom, dignity and self worth. All good things. If they fail then they may lose eveything, including the characters life. The game's goal is to basically become the most powerful and successful that one can be...not unlike real life. Like real life you can experience all the joys, happiness and hope of successfully reaching your goals as well as the pain, sorrow and despair of failing to meet your expectations. One game could take quite literally years to end and within that time your character could get married, have children,establish a home and a community or conquer the known world...the sky is not the limit with this game. You can easily travel to other worlds or known planes of existence, you can experience the light and awe of the various planes of good and righteousness or peruse the darkness and fire of the many planes of hell among many pantheons of any culture.
The diversness of races, classes and abilities are not limited in any way. As long as one can imagine it...it can be.
Truly a visceral, educational and limitless experience and I believe everyone should take a spin as their favorite hero or villain. As long as you retain the perspective that even though it is a game that can lead you to extraordinary places and events and awesome heights of grandeur and fame...it is still just a game.
~ The only limits of the mind are the ones that you yourself impose. ~
Unknown source on the game Dungeons & Dragons.
"WTF is Halo?"
"Who wants to play some Dungeons&Dragons?"
(5 other's raise their hands)
"Let's play then!"
3. Dungeons&Dragons board games is a good way for families, or friends, to get together and have fun.