2. An expression of awe.
3. A city person, usually wealthy, attempting to pass as a cowboy, adventurer or otherwise rugged type. Usually dressed in new, expensive outdoor wear, without a single scratch or trace of dirt to indicate prior use.
From the Irish Gaelic word "duud," meaning an oddly dressed person or clown.
3. The New York dude is here again in his shiny chaps and ridiculous Brooks Bros. stetson.
- the universal pronoun.
- the end to all sentences.
- a word that describes anything
- a name for everyone you know... and those you don't know.
To those who know its true hidden meaning, it is used to describe the few and the proud of the male gender who aren't like your typical guy. Strong, sensitive, fun-loving, whatever a girl is looking for, without the usual ass-holeness. In short, one in a million, the pinicale of perfection... gay/bi/or straight.
antonym: guy, jerk, player, typical guy
synonyms: nice guy, white knight
see also: white knight syndrome
- So I ran past the truck and... dude.
- Man, that's so... dude!
- Hey, Dude, pass me a cold one!
- "You're not just a guy, you're a dude.
2. pron. Term of endearment as friend, chum, pal, brother.
3. interj. Exclaiming profound emotion.
Eddie Murphy: The dude in the other car. That dude right there!
2. What is up, dude?
3. You won a million dollars?? DUDE!
Old West, circa 1870s term for east coast, tarted up yanks gone west, to either get dirty up to their arse or get killed, while pursuing some futile gold rush.
At the fucking creek, where the DUDE went down on one hell of a mother fucking gold strike to fucking hell, the fucking cocksucker.