used to address strangers. or people you know. or anyone for that matter
can be used for any gender, race, location.
used by many northern california and east texas people as a term of endearment.
Man, brah, sista, cuz, bro
a random word that can be put anywhere in a statement.
"i love that dude"
"i'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude cause we're all dudes"
"i was like 'dude' and he was all 'duuuuude, wasup?'"
2) n. something that's just so awesomly cool, amazingly kick ass
3) ?. a way to start a conversation
4) replacing "um" or "like" in any sentence
2) Omg! That teacher was so stoned, me and Hil were both like "Duuuude."
3) Dude you have no idea!
4) And then...dude...dude...dude, shit I forgot.
2) Later it was used in the old west to mean a city person who moved to the west without actually know what he was doing. Synonymous with “city-slicker”
3) Later, in California, the term changed from these insults to a term meaning any male, human or otherwise. Sometimes it is used in reference to tom-girls. Now, it is often used for emphasis as well.
“What’s that dude doing in these parts? I bet he can't even ride a horse!”
“Hey dude, I missed you at the movies the other day!”
“Dude, that's harsh.”
A nickname for a person you don't know
A word that expresses alarm, shock, anger, or happiness
A word added on to a sentence to prove a point
A word used to convey sympathy
Cali Teen1: Let's hit the mall, dude!
Ca li Baby: Dude!!
Cali Dad: **groan**
Person: Hey.. erm, dude! Yeah the dude over there!
**gropes random person**
Random Person: DUDE! No!
Do you know what I mean, dude?
Guy1: And then she dumped me for my brother!