A big craze a while back but now is revealed by many people with those having a decent or great social and mental intellectuallity DBZ (abbreviation for Dragonball Z) is a lame excuse for an Anime, even more than Pokemon but nothing nearly as lame as Yu-Gi-Oh, and has nothing but pointlessness. The show revolves mainly around an alien humanoid man named Goku, who belongs to a race of space pirate wannabes who are in actuallity have an IQ ranking that of an average cave man and have nothing better to do than fight to a very pointless death and serve under anyone stronger than themselves becausde they are too stupid to think of a strategy to outsmart others. Anyways the story revolves entirely around the plot stealing Goku who fights these evil aliens that try to attack "Earth" (but in actuallity the real Earth is much smarter and would have noted an incoming alien and tooken to Area 51 before the Z-Fighters noticed) that have no real motive but show off their invincibility, destroy Earth with no real purpose, or collect the Dragonballs (or also known as Dragon Testicles) with no real motives but be stronger (how much stronger does a person want to be?). The villains are always invincible and all the Z-Fighters die all the time from these fights because they have one single approach, which is fight, fight, and just FIGHT (plus these fighting scenes are pretty crappy because they overuse the same scenes and show no real strategy in chicken scratched animation). After killing the villain in the most predictable way, which is blow 'em up, they have to encounter a new invincible villain with no real motive and the Z-Fighters must fight and die once again to blow him up like before, then after that it repeats exactly the same as before (the classic yet boring rinse and repeat strategy).
1) The show's progress is VERY VERY slow, leaving the turtle in a blur of speed. It takes over 10 thirty minute episodes to finish a fight just to end up fighting again. It also leaves only 30 to one minute worth of progress for each episode. Events hat take only a few minutes take many episodes to show.
2)The animation is pure crap and makes chicken scratch and quick sketches look like a work of art.
3)The characters are slow minded.
4)The Z-Fightres have no real strategy when it comes to dealing with the villains. It's about "who is the strongest" despite all the options in the Universe.
5)The creators of DBZ are running out of power, speed, and technique ideas.
6)The Z-Fighters aren't as tough as they claim to be, plus they are lousy heroes despite their "great power".
7)Many time delays are in the show.
8)The characters are very very similar to each other.
9)Any Anime other than Yu-Gi-Oh is better than this one.
10)Dragonballs are very dangerous other than its wishing properties.
1) It took around 15 episodes for Goku to defeat Frieza (in the most predictable way) in a fight that was said to have lasted only 5 minutes. After that a one minute progress was shown and then back to fighting like brutish animals. Alos one time the Z-Fighters had 4 minutes to get off the planet but it took fucking 10 episodes to show that progress.
EX: "Oh no! Get off the planet before it explodes! You have 4 minutes! (10 episodes later as the fighters try to think and get off the planet in super slow motion) Too late! The planet is about to blow up now!
2)The animators of DBZ are masters or crappy animation using the 60's Anime animation in an early 90's Anime!
EX: "Oh shit! We won the kindergarten award for best special eds art!"
3)The governments on "Earth" in DBZ don't seem to care for their citizens and have low techs that allow the bad guys to easily bypass their notice and attack the same way as the Z-Fighters do, which is leaving yourself opened as you attack the enemy like an enemy but a military version. Area 51 has ways of defeating those villains. MOST of the Z-Fighters don't appear to attend school and don't ahve any concerns for a real job or education. The Z-Fighters always fight to win and think of no other way to win.
EX: Short bald faggot: Hey, Goku! A "real" scientist from another Anime who outranks everyone in intelligence in our dumb Universe has designed a disease that can kill Cell!
Goku: Nah, I prefer to fight. I don't even know what a disease is and that's why I fight, even if I die for the 1,000th time.
4) Goku and the Z-Fighters always fight the villain despite threats of death and all martial arts and special abilities mean nothing in DBZ. Even speed advantages mean nothing because you have to be the strongest to win. DBZ is a muscle head show. Instead of fighting the villain allow a disease to combat them for you or teleport them in a teleportation chamber to the nearest black hole or to the sun. Also manipulate the villains mind in certain ways to deceive them to their deaths. The Z-Fighters appear to fight fair even in a life and death situation and never seem to jump the villain in groups.
5)No matter how far in DBZ they get and no matter how much their so-called power raises they seem to always have the same ability, which is use all your power to destroy one fucking planet. Not any higher (because if they did got any stronger then they could destroy stars and galaxies with a wet fart). The explosions and destruction get no more spectacular and their speeds always seem to remain the same, which is disappearing to another area so the viewers cannot see them fighting (I think I actually want to see them fighting). The fighting techniques never look any different than punches, kicks, and tackles of the same type. They're not real martial artists. They also don't use their techniques to their advantage.
EX: Street fighting gangsters have more fighting techniques.
6)Get struck by a city destroying energy blast and their fine and when a rock or superfast punch hist their face they get stunned from it. When a planet destroying blast hist them they only suffer a scratch but when the planet blows up they incinerate. They also get no stronger than destroying an entire planet. They also are bad heroes by letting the villain destroy the planet and wish the planet back with the Dragonballs, thus "saving the world". Ha, please!
EX: Goku: I can destroy an entire planet with full power so I am the strongest.
Pink Puddy Bad Guy: I can destroy an entire planet to the same way so I am much stronger than you.
(Don't you see? They have the same power but one claims to be stronger.)
Ex: "Oh no!!! The planet has been destroyed for the 10th time! I wish I did something instead of watching him destroy it when I had the chance."
7: All DBZ spends most of the time in the plot is talking and lamely taunting each other, charge up like old men with constipation problems while they grunt out the shit using steroids to help (Senzu Beans), use repetitive fighting scenes, grunt and scream, and show progress at a snail's rate.
8) Most of the characters of DBZ consist of sweating men with overbuffed bodies due to excessive use of steroids and fight like cave men to the death. They all have constpation problems. Thanks for the new laxitate called Dragonball Z. Most of the females are slutty and not-so-attractice women who have sex with dumb men and complain for the smallest reasons.
9)Any Anime besides Yu-Gi-Oh is better to watch. Here are examples:
-Full Metal Alchemist
10)Dragon balls are actually testicles of a neutered male dragon with Z tatoos posted on them from a dragon god who has seven testicles that have magical wishing properties.
EX: "Leave those dragon balls alone. They have the ability to grant you a wish but their magical properties can give you herpes 10 times greater than the average HIV.
|DragonBall z videos|
|Dragonball Z images|
1) Story that is VERY slow at progressing. One example had the planet blowing up. They had about 4 minutes to get off it or they'd all die, however it didn't blow up until about 10-15 30 minute episodes later.
2) Story about a bunch of "heros" that try to save the world but fail spectacularily and must watch the world get blown up. Then they just make a wish for the world to be restored and then they have "saved the world."
3)A story with a plot that doesn't go much beyond "the most powerful warrior in the universe" trying to destroy the universe only to be defeated. Then some guy that is stronger and also impossible to beat shows up and is beaten. Repeat this proccess and you have Dragonball Z.
4) Show about Dragonballs, not sure what the "z" is for.
5) Anime in which a bunch of guys fight, valiantly die, and then come back to life so they can die again when the next invincible guy comes
1) Wierd blue guy: GOKU THE PLANET IS GOING TO BLOW IN 4 MINUTES! (10 EPISODES LATER) THE PLANET'S GOING TO BLOW ANY SECOND NOW!
2) Goku: I can't believe he blew up the earth, I mean they've already done that 2 times and the moons been blown up at least 50 times.
3) "Frieza is the most powerful warrior in the universe!" "Cell is the most powerful..." "Buu is..." etc
4) We must try to collect those dragonballs or our viewers might start to leave "z's" (sleeping)
5) NOOOOOOOOOO! KRILLIN JUST DIED FOR HIS 4TH TIME!
an anime that would probably be much more popular if not for american censorship
by anonymous Aug 20, 2003 add a video
One of the most famous anime series of all time. Mostly for its extreme length and colorful array of characters. The basic plot covers the adventures of Goku and his friends as they battle ever more powerful enemies to protect the Earth/Universe etc....
The name comes from the seven magical balls that the characters usual gather together in order to get their wishes granted, usually something along the lines of bringing people back to life.
Apart from being somewhat repetitive (what show doesn't follow a trend?)it is actually a very decent and original show drawn in a very humorous style by the original artist. One of the best things to come out of the 80's.
Usually scorned by the general public and anime purists because of its mainstream overexposure and americanization by dubbing companies. Most anime fans will claim it was their stepping stone to move onto bigger and better things just not to sound like total n00bs ignoring the fact that DB/Z is in fact widely popular in Japan and since 2004 began making a large comeback. It provided influence for today's best animes such as One Piece and Naruto. Most will contest that, however, rightfully popular, Dragonball Z will probably be around longer than their silly Inuyasha or "deeper" animes.
OH NOES!! I missed DBZ today!! The episode where Goku was supposed kick somebody's ass!!
Now messed up because of the over-editing done by funi. Pretty good if you watch it undubbed.
by anonymous Jun 24, 2003 add a video
a great show that has been "Americanized" by the most vile group EVER...the FCC!! censoring out the blood, gore and foul images and/or language made it worse..but it was still a good show
Gohan...you must bounce the spirit bomb back at Vegeta!
As a young adult, Goku meets his older brother, Raditz, who tells him that they come from a warrior race of extraterrestrials called Saiyans. The Saiyans had sent Goku to Earth to destroy it, but his ship crashes upon arrival. Goku fell into a deep ravine and lost all memory of his mission. Goku refuses to help Raditz continue the mission, after which he begins to encounter others who want to battle him, such as the Saiyan prince Vegeta. He also encounters Frieza, who is considered to be one of the strongest beings in the universe, after which Goku begins training his first child, Son Gohan, to be his successor. Years later, a group of soldiers from the Red Ribbon army known as androids appear to kill Goku. Another android, Cell, absorbs Androids #17 and #18 from the Red Ribbon army to increase his power, then fights Goku and Gohan, resulting in Goku's death. Goku decides to stay dead for seven years to train in the Other World. When he returns, he is drawn into a battle for the universe against an extraterrestrial named Majin Buu. Joined by Vegeta and Gohan, the evil half of Buu is destroyed and the Good Buu (Mr. Buu) settles down with them. Ten years later at a martial arts tournament, Goku meets evil Buu's human reincarnation, Uub. At the end of the series, Goku takes Uub away on a journey to train him as another successor.
Dragonball Z first aired on Toonami in 1998 when Moltar was originally its host. Tom was Toonami's host after Moltar. There are 291 episodes.
an awesome anime created by akira toriyama that was awesome till FUNimation fucked it up and dubbed it.
japaneese version - damn he's strong
american version - he is so strong