1:if you hate most anime/maga, thats fine.no need to crudely define a show and waste your time when you could be doing something you like. if you do hate japanese cartoons, this aint for you.
2:I will admit, this show is overly complicated, and filled with filler(crap made to prolong a series, until good shit is written to follow after it.)simply skip it if you dont like filler. All those overly charged attacks, the twenty episode scream marathons....are filler. Okay?
3:The plot is confusing as hell, unless you tune in from episode 1, to episode 300. most is filler. but dont hate on its length. most shows like south park, the simpsons, and a few others run longer. watch what you like, and stop watching at whatever season you hate. For me, it was the buu saga.but i dont bitch about it because its an opinion.
4:the audience age range does vary greatly. this show has been broadcasted from over the top blood and guts violence, to little scratches with no blood. if you make fun of its audience, please dont forget us "old geeks"
Guy 2:filler,most of us fans started watching when we were kids, and moved on to violent cuts today, most storylines are repetitive, life, fight, betrayal, death, fuck off.
Guy 1: wtf, im going on Urban dictionary to post a hate post, cuz YOU have no life.
GUy 2:go ahead waste your time.
2) Story about a bunch of "heros" that try to save the world but fail spectacularily and must watch the world get blown up. Then they just make a wish for the world to be restored and then they have "saved the world."
3)A story with a plot that doesn't go much beyond "the most powerful warrior in the universe" trying to destroy the universe only to be defeated. Then some guy that is stronger and also impossible to beat shows up and is beaten. Repeat this proccess and you have Dragonball Z.
4) Show about Dragonballs, not sure what the "z" is for.
5) Anime in which a bunch of guys fight, valiantly die, and then come back to life so they can die again when the next invincible guy comes
2) Goku: I can't believe he blew up the earth, I mean they've already done that 2 times and the moons been blown up at least 50 times.
3) "Frieza is the most powerful warrior in the universe!" "Cell is the most powerful..." "Buu is..." etc
4) We must try to collect those dragonballs or our viewers might start to leave "z's" (sleeping)
5) NOOOOOOOOOO! KRILLIN JUST DIED FOR HIS 4TH TIME!
The name comes from the seven magical balls that the characters usual gather together in order to get their wishes granted, usually something along the lines of bringing people back to life.
Apart from being somewhat repetitive (what show doesn't follow a trend?)it is actually a very decent and original show drawn in a very humorous style by the original artist. One of the best things to come out of the 80's.
Usually scorned by the general public and anime purists because of its mainstream overexposure and americanization by dubbing companies. Most anime fans will claim it was their stepping stone to move onto bigger and better things just not to sound like total n00bs ignoring the fact that DB/Z is in fact widely popular in Japan and since 2004 began making a large comeback. It provided influence for today's best animes such as One Piece and Naruto. Most will contest that, however, rightfully popular, Dragonball Z will probably be around longer than their silly Inuyasha or "deeper" animes.