2. A very popular video game, considered to be one of the best of the century, although Tetris is frequently ranked higher on lists. The gameplay involved jumping over barrels, and climbing up ladders, to rescue the princess, who did not happen to be in another castle. The game was made famous for good graphics and its amazing gameplay.
3. A compliment to a paticularly good video game. The opposite is "not Donkey Kong".
2. "So, I was playing Donkey Kong, and I jumped over two barrels in a row, but the third one hit me. But at least I set a new highscore!"
3. "Wow, Final Fantasy I was totally Donkey Kong!"
"Yeah, but World of Warcraft was so not Donkey Kong!"
"Eh, I didn't get a chance to play it, I'm a retrogamer. It's pretty much safe to say all the new games are not Donkey Kong."
"Whoa, I'm a retrogamer too!"
And they all lived happily ever after.
Donkey Kong also starred a then unknown hero named Mario, who, four years later in 1985 would receive his very own adventure game for the Nintendo Entertainment System, thus launching an entire new revolution in video games.
It also passed down a generation when in 1994, Donkey Kong Country was released to the Super Nintendo, thus claiming its own legendary legacy in the gaming world.
Rightfully amazing. Never duplicated. Donkey Kong.
Mortal Kombat sucks compared to Donkey Kong.
Billy Madison: I disagree, it's a very good game, but i think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.
Kid: Donkey Kong sucks.
Billy Madison: You know something? YOU SUCK!
2) an individual that excels at constantly making bad decisions and tries to make everyone believe they're right.