A political party so illogical, hypocritical, and insane that it drives people to actually vote Republican.
Democrats believe that the best way to create jobs is to attack businesses with excessive taxes and regulations, that the honest and hard-working should be financially raped by the lazy and ignorant, that we can tax our way to victory, and that discrimination is wrong yet we should discriminate against anyone who is religious, white, male, southern, rich, or anyone who has the audacity to have a view that opposes the Democratic agenda.
In order to ensure “Progress”, the Democrats have resorted to dividing the country by isolating groups of people such as minorities and women, making them feel worthless and oppressed by society, and then exploiting them for political purposes.
Democrats constantly champion the message that in order to be worth anything you have to go to college.
However, since poorer people (many of which are minorities) can’t afford college and have no factories to work in, they are forced onto social programs like Welfare where they can be kept forever in the grip of economic slavery and voting Democrat while also being lied to repeatedly by the media that those evil, rich, white Republicans are the real reason they are unable to get ahead in life.
Minority #1: Now that I graduated High School, I’m going to college!
Minority #2: What?! You can’t afford college dude. You’re poor and Colleges are so overpriced that only middle class and rich folks can afford them.
Minority #1: Oh…
Minority #2: It’s all the Republicans fault man. See Colleges are run entirely by liberals but somehow it’s the Republicans fault that the prices are so high.
Minority #1: Wow Republicans are all evil and racist then. I’m voting Democrat then since they really care about my future! Everyone gets rich on Welfare right?
The United States Democratic Party. Usually characterized by beliefs such as:
- personal privacy rights, including legalized abortion and gay marriage
- protection of civil liberties
- protection of the enviornment
- multilateral foreign policy
- extensive government services, such as health care, education, and welfare
- tax system that causes the rich to pay more taxes to pay for above government services
There are currently 202 Democrats in the House of Representatives and 44 in the Senate.
This is a neutral definition of the word Democrat. Urban Dictionary should be about defining words, not advancing a point of view.
a member of the more liberal of the two major political parties.
this definition of democrat is not a rant
Apparently, people who aren't allowed to back up their point of view with evidence.
Republican: It's obvious the Bush tax cuts helped the poor more than the rich.
Democrat: Actually, statistically, the rich recieved almost-
Republican: Your numbers mean nothing.
Democrat: This entire issue is about numbers!
Republican: No, this is about the people! This is about Joe Everyman!
Democrat: What the hell are you talking about?
Republican: I'm talking about how you radicals use numbers to mislead everyone into thinking the Bush tax cuts were bad, and that we have massive debt.
Democrat: ...We DO have massive debt, and the average person got around $300 back, whereas the rich got-
Republican: Are you telling these people America is BAD? Are you saying that America isn't the best damn country ever?
Democrat: No, I just-wait, what? This isn't about me! This is about the issues!
Republican: Not responding to my questions. Typical.
Republican: See, clearly I have silenced you with my powerful, factual argument.
Democrat: I had sex with your wife, Bill.
Democrat: She said she wanted a man who didn't tell her she belonged in the kitchen.
1. One belonging to the United States Democratic Party
2. Tend to believe that government should come to the aid the most disadvantaged in society (see Unemployment Insurance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security). We don't bring it up much, but it's what Jesus taught.
3. Belive in the separation of church and state, on the off-chance that not everyone in America is a Southern Baptist.
4. Doesn't believe that industries have the unfettered right to dump carcinogens into our water supplies. Also believe in protecting public health and worker safety.
5. Believe in strengthening public education, rather than gutting it with vouchers.
6. Belive in civil liberties and equal rights for all people, regardless of gender, race, or sexual orientation; a Democratic President pushed through the Civil Rights Act even though it meant losing half of his party. That half, comprising mostly of racist whites, now overwhelmingly votes Republican.
7. Most have actually read the 9th amendment. Can also spell "amendment."
8. Represent broadest spectrum of the American public: women, blacks, Latinos, gays, Jews, seculars, immigrants, union workers, and yes, also straight middle-class white male Protestants like me.
If they were alive today, Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt would be Democrats.
Despite a wealth of good ideas, Democrats have allowed themselves to be intimdated by semi-literate meatheads called Republicans
A member of the Democratic party, one of the two major political parties. Similarly to Republicans, they blame all of the world's problems on the other party.
Stereotypically, Democrats are hippies.
The default political party to vote for when opposing republicans in a presidential campaign.
Voting for the green party is worthless, I'll vote democrat.
Those who vote based on irrelevant factors (id est, gender, race, charisma, et cetera).
"As a Democrat, I voted for Barrack, because we need a black man in the White House."