A Democrat is a hard working American person who does not want to see their tax dollars go to the rich. They think that money should be worked for and that the government should not give to the rich. <period>
We Democrats are the ONLY TRUE Christians on the planet. Since we believe in taking care of those who are in need and do so without malice in our hearts. We are not trying to make brownie points from a God that republicans know nothing about. We do not attend church to be seen, make backroom deals or see who we can take advantage of.
It's funny that ONLY at election time will the republicans bring up the topics of abortion and homosexuality and beg for money from fellow haters. Of course bush was in office for 8 years and we still have abortion and homosexuality. LOL The republican will beat their 15 year old daughter for getting pregnant, make her get an abortion and blame the Democrats. While the underage unmarried pregnant daughter of a Democrat will be loved by her family, the baby may be raised by the familiy or adopted to a familiy. Who perhaps are unable to have children.
Democrats, the true children of God can not understand the hate, anger and vile that spews from the mouth of a republican.
Democrats believe in personal privacy rights, protection of civil liberties, protection of the enviornment, health care, education, welfare and a tax system that does not favor the rich.
The United States Democratic Party. Usually characterized by beliefs such as:
- personal privacy rights, including legalized abortion and gay marriage
- protection of civil liberties
- protection of the enviornment
- multilateral foreign policy
- extensive government services, such as health care, education, and welfare
- tax system that causes the rich to pay more taxes to pay for above government services
There are currently 202 Democrats in the House of Representatives and 44 in the Senate.
This is a neutral definition of the word Democrat. Urban Dictionary should be about defining words, not advancing a point of view.
a member of the more liberal of the two major political parties.
this definition of democrat is not a rant
Apparently, people who aren't allowed to back up their point of view with evidence.
Republican: It's obvious the Bush tax cuts helped the poor more than the rich.
Democrat: Actually, statistically, the rich recieved almost-
Republican: Your numbers mean nothing.
Democrat: This entire issue is about numbers!
Republican: No, this is about the people! This is about Joe Everyman!
Democrat: What the hell are you talking about?
Republican: I'm talking about how you radicals use numbers to mislead everyone into thinking the Bush tax cuts were bad, and that we have massive debt.
Democrat: ...We DO have massive debt, and the average person got around $300 back, whereas the rich got-
Republican: Are you telling these people America is BAD? Are you saying that America isn't the best damn country ever?
Democrat: No, I just-wait, what? This isn't about me! This is about the issues!
Republican: Not responding to my questions. Typical.
Republican: See, clearly I have silenced you with my powerful, factual argument.
Democrat: I had sex with your wife, Bill.
Democrat: She said she wanted a man who didn't tell her she belonged in the kitchen.
A member of the Democratic party, one of the two major political parties. Similarly to Republicans
, they blame all of the world's problems on the other party.
Stereotypically, Democrats are hippies
1. One belonging to the United States Democratic Party
2. Tend to believe that government should come to the aid the most disadvantaged in society (see Unemployment Insurance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security). We don't bring it up much, but it's what Jesus taught.
3. Belive in the separation of church and state, on the off-chance that not everyone in America is a Southern Baptist.
4. Doesn't believe that industries have the unfettered right to dump carcinogens into our water supplies. Also believe in protecting public health and worker safety.
5. Believe in strengthening public education, rather than gutting it with vouchers.
6. Belive in civil liberties and equal rights for all people, regardless of gender, race, or sexual orientation; a Democratic President pushed through the Civil Rights Act even though it meant losing half of his party. That half, comprising mostly of racist whites, now overwhelmingly votes Republican.
7. Most have actually read the 9th amendment. Can also spell "amendment."
8. Represent broadest spectrum of the American public: women, blacks, Latinos, gays, Jews, seculars, immigrants, union workers, and yes, also straight middle-class white male Protestants like me.
If they were alive today, Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt would be Democrats.
Despite a wealth of good ideas, Democrats have allowed themselves to be intimdated by semi-literate meatheads called Republicans
Those who vote based on irrelevant factors (id est, gender, race, charisma, et cetera).
"As a Democrat, I voted for Barrack, because we need a black man in the White House."
An idealistic, supposedly liberal political party that alienates all moderates with its stubbornness, hence a jackass as the mascot.
For example, many moderate liberals find themselves alienated by the extreme liberals' insistence on political correctness and intolerance to religion.
As one party in the two-party system in America, they are half of the problem.
bias mothafuckers (democrats and republicans) should do some thinking for themselves instead of using websites such as urbandictionary for propaganda. give tolerance a chance or something like that