1 of 2 monopoly political parties of these United States of America. Leaning left of center and usually very close minded. Violates the Constitution on a regular basis with federal programs such as welfare, IRS, Federal Reserve, and the list goes on. Belives the central government should do everything for the people. Believes the central government does not have to obide by the Constitution and adds new amendments when they can't do what they want.
Masters of the media. Falsely the party of the poor (note: during the 2008 election nObama was endorsed by in and around 90% of Hollywood elite; celebrities that are definitely not the poor) Oprah, Denzel Washington, Steven Spielberg, Jennifer Aniston, Halle Berry, Don Cheadle, etc. are not poor, yet all vote Democrat. *But Republicans favor the rich? *Google: What celebrities endorsed Obama*
Hack, slash, bash, and pummel every and all Republicans. Or for that matter, anyone who is not democrat.
Believe in socialist values, even though they like to say they don't *Note: Socialism....just look it up*
Believe in democracy even though these United States were founded as a republic, and democracy was never written in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, or the Bill of Rights. *Note: America has become a respresntative democracy which is not a republic.*
Democrat: I am not a socialist, but I do believe the government should supply us with health care, schools, and all sorts of other socialist programs.
Democrat: I am bi-partisan, but I hate when those republicans have to go and use their 1st Amendment rights and speak.
Demorcat: I believe in the Constitution, until it starts to keep my ideas from reaching the light of day.
Democrat: State rights are higher than the central government, unless that state doesnt agree and then the central government is higher. And states can't leave the Union and the people can't overthrow the government, I don't care what the Constitution says.
The United States Democratic Party. Usually characterized by beliefs such as:
- personal privacy rights, including legalized abortion and gay marriage
- protection of civil liberties
- protection of the enviornment
- multilateral foreign policy
- extensive government services, such as health care, education, and welfare
- tax system that causes the rich to pay more taxes to pay for above government services
There are currently 202 Democrats in the House of Representatives and 44 in the Senate.
This is a neutral definition of the word Democrat. Urban Dictionary should be about defining words, not advancing a point of view.
a member of the more liberal of the two major political parties.
this definition of democrat is not a rant
Apparently, people who aren't allowed to back up their point of view with evidence.
Republican: It's obvious the Bush tax cuts helped the poor more than the rich.
Democrat: Actually, statistically, the rich recieved almost-
Republican: Your numbers mean nothing.
Democrat: This entire issue is about numbers!
Republican: No, this is about the people! This is about Joe Everyman!
Democrat: What the hell are you talking about?
Republican: I'm talking about how you radicals use numbers to mislead everyone into thinking the Bush tax cuts were bad, and that we have massive debt.
Democrat: ...We DO have massive debt, and the average person got around $300 back, whereas the rich got-
Republican: Are you telling these people America is BAD? Are you saying that America isn't the best damn country ever?
Democrat: No, I just-wait, what? This isn't about me! This is about the issues!
Republican: Not responding to my questions. Typical.
Republican: See, clearly I have silenced you with my powerful, factual argument.
Democrat: I had sex with your wife, Bill.
Democrat: She said she wanted a man who didn't tell her she belonged in the kitchen.
1. One belonging to the United States Democratic Party
2. Tend to believe that government should come to the aid the most disadvantaged in society (see Unemployment Insurance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security). We don't bring it up much, but it's what Jesus taught.
3. Belive in the separation of church and state, on the off-chance that not everyone in America is a Southern Baptist.
4. Doesn't believe that industries have the unfettered right to dump carcinogens into our water supplies. Also believe in protecting public health and worker safety.
5. Believe in strengthening public education, rather than gutting it with vouchers.
6. Belive in civil liberties and equal rights for all people, regardless of gender, race, or sexual orientation; a Democratic President pushed through the Civil Rights Act even though it meant losing half of his party. That half, comprising mostly of racist whites, now overwhelmingly votes Republican.
7. Most have actually read the 9th amendment. Can also spell "amendment."
8. Represent broadest spectrum of the American public: women, blacks, Latinos, gays, Jews, seculars, immigrants, union workers, and yes, also straight middle-class white male Protestants like me.
If they were alive today, Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt would be Democrats.
Despite a wealth of good ideas, Democrats have allowed themselves to be intimdated by semi-literate meatheads called Republicans
A member of the Democratic party, one of the two major political parties. Similarly to Republicans, they blame all of the world's problems on the other party.
Stereotypically, Democrats are hippies.
The default political party to vote for when opposing republicans in a presidential campaign.
Voting for the green party is worthless, I'll vote democrat.
Those who vote based on irrelevant factors (id est, gender, race, charisma, et cetera).
"As a Democrat, I voted for Barrack, because we need a black man in the White House."