1. A new term that can be used interchangeably with the term "US Congress"
2. President Obama's plan for "an Independant Medicare Advisory Council" that will work outside of "normal political channels" giving decisions about the "huge driver of cost... the chronically ill and those toward the end of their lives."
3. The reason the USA's healthcare system is on the verge of becoming the most corrupt enterprise in history, far surpassing even Italy.
Mary: "Goodness Jane, how did you get your opperation so quickly? It tooks 8 months for MY tumor to be removed!'
Jane: "Hahaha Mary you're so silly! You know I work for the post office. My menial government job makes me a much more essential person than you according to the death panel. You don't even work! You just stay home taking care of your 6 children."
Mary: "Sheesh, I wish I never voted for OBAMA!!!"
1. A panel of bureaucrats whose task it is to examine everyone needing medical attention and decide who gets denied healthcare. Used as propaganda to scare old, confused, ignorant people into opposing healthcare reform, despite not actually existing in the bill.
2. Something that every health insurance company employs in order to cut costs.
Conservative #1 "I heard Obama wants to set up death panels to kill every baby and old person."
Conservative #2 "Death panels?! I hate that socialist. By the way, how's the cancer treatment coming?"
Conservative #1 "Not good, my insurance company dropped me because they don't want to cover it"
Conservative #2 "Let's go scream down a senate democrat at the town hall!"
Conservative #1 "YEAH!"