Gohan gets gets captured by by his uncle and Goku's brother Raditz Goku and Piccolo then team up to save him it seems that raditz is mot a foe to be reckoned with with only one last resort it leads to more than one death as piccolo launches his ultimate attack at raditz though failed the first time goku helled steady the dastardly saiya-jin and piicolo had no choice but to kill them both wich was not a hard decision for him to make since he had wanted to annihilate goku for a long time they then hear raditz announce just before he dies that the other saiyans are on they're way to earth in search of the dragonballs so the others must prepare for their arrival while up in the world of the kias goku learns of the ancient and great king kia so he then gos forth on a journey to train with him meanwile the saiyans head to earth after a year of non-stop training the saiyans finally arrive the warriors finally come to stop their rampage though futil many a life is lost in this battle goku finally arrives and and unlocks his new power by making short work of nappa(though hes killed by his own teamate vegeta)goku then battles vegeta hwo uses his power to turn into an oozaru(wich is a king kong sized gorilla with super powers)yajirobe joins in the fight and cuts off vegetas tail and turns him back to normal after wards goku blast him with his new techniquee th spirit bomb or genki dama hes then weakened and krillin goes forth to finish him but goku pleads him not to do so since he and goku are the last of the sayains so he does so and vegeta laughs at them all and leaves they then hope to wish the others back with the dragonballs but realize they can't since piccolos dead they then hear of dragonballs on a planet called namek so then krillin gohan and bulma head into space in search of the wish granting orbs so ends the sayain saga
come back tommorow for info on the
2) Story about a bunch of "heros" that try to save the world but fail spectacularily and must watch the world get blown up. Then they just make a wish for the world to be restored and then they have "saved the world."
3)A story with a plot that doesn't go much beyond "the most powerful warrior in the universe" trying to destroy the universe only to be defeated. Then some guy that is stronger and also impossible to beat shows up and is beaten. Repeat this proccess and you have Dragonball Z.
4) Show about Dragonballs, not sure what the "z" is for.
5) Anime in which a bunch of guys fight, valiantly die, and then come back to life so they can die again when the next invincible guy comes
2) Goku: I can't believe he blew up the earth, I mean they've already done that 2 times and the moons been blown up at least 50 times.
3) "Frieza is the most powerful warrior in the universe!" "Cell is the most powerful..." "Buu is..." etc
4) We must try to collect those dragonballs or our viewers might start to leave "z's" (sleeping)
5) NOOOOOOOOOO! KRILLIN JUST DIED FOR HIS 4TH TIME!
The name comes from the seven magical balls that the characters usual gather together in order to get their wishes granted, usually something along the lines of bringing people back to life.
Apart from being somewhat repetitive (what show doesn't follow a trend?)it is actually a very decent and original show drawn in a very humorous style by the original artist. One of the best things to come out of the 80's.
Usually scorned by the general public and anime purists because of its mainstream overexposure and americanization by dubbing companies. Most anime fans will claim it was their stepping stone to move onto bigger and better things just not to sound like total n00bs ignoring the fact that DB/Z is in fact widely popular in Japan and since 2004 began making a large comeback. It provided influence for today's best animes such as One Piece and Naruto. Most will contest that, however, rightfully popular, Dragonball Z will probably be around longer than their silly Inuyasha or "deeper" animes.