2. A subset of a criminal family or gang.
3. A sport in which teams of rowers compete against each other.
4. (slang) A group of close friends. Derived from def. 2.
2. Did you hear about the Robert's Lounge crew? I hear they took almost half a mil from JFK in one night.
2. (alt) After CJ left, the Seville Blvd and Temple Drive crews broke from Grove Street.
3. Are you going to the crew match this weekend?
4. Hey, open up. I left my wallet inside and I'm going out to the bar with my crew.
Kali: Going to texas with Crew. . .growl.
Contrary to popular belief, Rowing is not just for the preppy kids. The majority, sadly enough, of crews is made up of preppy kids because of the immense costs of boats and equipment. a single oar costs approximately $250 USD. Boats range in price from $2,500USD. to $250,000+USD.
In the winter and off season, rowers use an erg (see mideval torture machine)for training. A college rower is known to exert his- or herself so far as to vomit while still erging, or even find him-/herself unable to stand.
Ironically, Crew is the only sport derived from a form of capital punishment. (see vikings)
Rower :Hard. but I'll ignore that comment if you spell Football.
Football player: P-i-g-s-k-i-n
Rower: good boy. *is carried off by a group of ladies.
Student: You're the guy who yells stroke, right?
Cox'n : I yell -At- stroke -seat-.. but no. "stroke" is not a normal call
(Slogan of a local crew team that can only safely hold practices in the morning)
We do more before dawn than you do all day.